Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes are a delicious way to use up your tomatoes. These air fried green tomatoes are not only tasty, but they are crispy and perfect for dipping into your favorite sauce!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 large green tomatoes sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
- ¾ cup panko crumbs use GF if needed
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs sub maple syrup if egg-free
Wash and dry the green tomatoes. You will want to start with the tomatoes sliced and place them on paper towels. I like to season with salt and pepper.
Prepare a bowl of panko or bread crumbs and a bowl of whisked eggs. Dip the sliced tomatoes into the beaten eggs and then into the panko and cornmeal mixture. Be sure to cover both sides.
Place tomatoes into the air fryer basket. I would suggest spraying with a spray oil to help the panko crumbs crisp up. You are going to cook until golden on both sides. (400F/204C for 12 minutes)
Plate up your crispy tomatoes. I like to serve mine with a dipping sauce too!
Go AD FREE!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
- You MAY need to adjust cooking time based upon the size of your tomato slices.
- Gluten free? You can use gluten free panko crumbs like Ian’s gluten-free bread crumbs. You can also crush up some gluten-free
- Vegan? Instead of using egg wash, you can use maple syrup! Give it a shot, I think you’ll like the taste!
- Why should I use spray oil? We suggest that you spray the tops of the green tomatoes with spray oil when you put them in the air fryer and then again when you flip them over. The spray oil will help brown and crispy the bread crumbs! *Please note, it is not recommended that you use PAM spray as it can damage the lining of your unit.
- Want more breading? If you’d like to have more breading coverage on your tomatoes, you can increase the amount of cornmeal.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the “Air Fry” function.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 703IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg
Go AD Free - Become part of our Membership community!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.