Air Fryer Potatoes: Featuring Air Fryer Mexican Sweet Potatoes
Tender, perfectly cooked Air Fryer Mexican Sweet Potatoes topped with fresh salsa are a vegan meal or side dish packed with fresh veggies and amazing flavors. This recipe is super simple, delightfully fresh, and great for meal prep too.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 4 Sweet Potatoes medium sized
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 cup Tomato diced
- 1 cup Black Beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Corn Kernels frozen
- ¼ cup Red Onion diced
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper diced, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Lime juiced
- Hot Sauce to taste
Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork, then place them in the basket of the air fryer. Rub with avocado oil.
Air fry at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
While potatoes are cooking, make the salsa. In a mixing bowl, add tomato, beans, corn, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and kosher salt. Stir to combine, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
Split open cooked potatoes and serve filled with black beans salsa. Top with hot sauce if desired.
Go AD FREE!
Have oven recipes that you’d like to convert to an air fryer recipe? Use our Air Fryer Calculator to help you estimate cooking times and temps! Calculator here: https://airfryereats.com/air-fryer-conversion-air-fryer-calculator/
- If you want your salsa extra hot, don't remove the seeds from the jalapeno.
- This meal works really well for meal prep. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat, up to 5 days.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes airfying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 1072mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 32445IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 3mg
Go AD Free - Become part of our Membership community!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.