Air Fryer Boneless Wings
Crispy, homemade Air Fryer Boneless Wings are expertly breaded with simple seasonings and tossed in a spicy buffalo sauce.
Slice the chicken breast into 1-2 inch cubes.
Add the buttermilk and egg to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to a shallow bowl. Whisk to combine.
Dip the chicken pieces in the buttermilk and egg mixture. Make sure they're completely covered. Tap off any excess.
Then, place the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, flipping to coat. Tap off any excess flour.
Spray the bottom of your air fryer basket with spray oil. Place the chicken pieces in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray the top of the chicken with the spray oil.
Air fry the chicken at 400F for 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Spray the chicken as needed with spray oil to get rid of any floury bits.
Remove from the air fryer and place the chicken in a bowl. Toss with buffalo sauce just before serving. Serve with additional dipping sauce like ranch or blue cheese, and fresh celery and carrots.
Go AD FREE!
- I like to use chicken breast for this recipe, but you could use chicken tenderloins which are already cut thinner or even chicken thighs if you like dark meat.
- I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour in this recipe. You could also use all-purpose flour if you are not gluten-free.
- Depending on the size of your chicken, you may need to cook it more or less than the recipe states. Make sure your chicken reaches an inner temperature of 165°F/74°C.
- Instead of buffalo sauce, you could use BBQ sauce, honey mustard, teriyaki sauce, or a honey sauce to change up your wing flavors.
- I like to serve my buffalo chicken wings with ranch dip to cut the heat and some fresh celery and carrots.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Have oven recipes that you’d like to convert to an air fryer recipe? Use our Air Fryer Calculator to help you estimate cooking times and temps! Calculator here: https://airfryereats.com/air-fryer-conversion-air-fryer-calculator/
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 1391mg | Potassium: 533mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 442IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg
Go AD Free - Become part of our Membership community!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.