Air Fryer Donuts are bite-sized balls of dough and sugar with less fat than traditional donuts! This cinnamon sugar coating makes them irresistible.
Donuts are delicious whether it’s breakfast or dessert, and these Air Fryer Donut Holes are a tasty treat covered with cinnamon sugar. With less fat than their traditional counterparts, you won’t notice with the crispy exterior and fluffy center for every bite!
Some people prefer a glazed donut, but I’ve always loved the extra texture and flavor of a cinnamon sugar donut. This recipe can definitely be used with all kinds of coatings and toppings, so feel free to experiment!
Got a sweet tooth? Check out our Air Fryer Cupcakes for even more sugar tonight!
How to make Air Fryer Donuts
Before you start the donuts, melt some vegan butter in one bowl and mix some cinnamon and sugar in another bowl for the coating at the end.
- Mix flour, crispy gluten-free cereal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Fold in shortening, and mix until crumbly. Stir in milk.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls with your hands. Everyone can help!
- Place donuts into air fryer basket and cook at 380°F for about six minutes. Shake the basket halfway through cooking.
- Remove donut holes from basket and roll them in butter. Be careful! The donut holes will be hot.
- Roll buttered donuts in cinnamon sugar, coating all sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can i bake in the air fryer?
Definitely! An air fryer circulates heated air around food to cook it, like a convection oven. A traditional oven uses heated air to cook as well, simply heating from the bottom and allowing the hot air to rise and settle around your food.
Make sure your donuts have space on all sides to cook and give your basket a good shake halfway through the timer to keep things from sticking.
Can I make donuts in advance?
Luckily these donut holes in the air fryer are fast to make because they don’t keep long! It’s hard not to eat them all in one sitting, so don’t worry about leftovers.
This recipe makes about 18 donut holes, but feel free to double or triple it for your own needs! Just don’t overcrowd your basket.
More yummy air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Grilled Cheese in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the “Air Fry” function.
Are you gluten-free? Me too! We also have a sister site where EVERYTHING is gluten-free. It is called VegetarianMamma. You can find some awesome dishes there for your Meatless Mondays! Always be sure to read ingredient labels to make sure that the product/ingredients fits your dietary restrictions!
Generally, we make simple enough recipes where you can sub the ingredients. Common subs in our recipes include: Bread = Canyon Bakehouse Bread Crumbs = Ian’s GF Bread Crumbs Flour = GF Jules All Purpose GF Flour.
Because our household is mixed between gluten and gluten-free, we have made almost everything on our site both ways. (except some of the frozen foods). If you have any questions, please ask!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers! Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let’s get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes. Don’t forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Donuts
- Air fryer
- 2 small bowls
- Mixing bowl
- In a small pan, melt vegan butter and pour into small bowl. In a second bowl, combine cinnamon with 1 cup sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, cereal, 2 tbsp sugar, baking powder, and salt. Fold in shortening.
- Stir until mixture is crumbly. Add milk.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place donut holes into air fryer basket. Cook for about six minutes at 380°F. Shake the basket halfway through cooking.
- When donut holes are done, carefully remove from basket. Dip each ball into melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.