Air Fryer Meatballs are easy to make and super tasty! Serve them as an appetizer or a main dish - either way they're a real crowd pleaser!
Air Fryer Meatballs are the best easy appetizer! Add these meatballs to your appetizer spread along with Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Cauliflower and your crowd will go wild!
Believe me when I say that cooking meatballs in the air fryer will change your life. A few ingredients and 15 minutes is all you need to make them!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Meatballs
- A pound of ground protein (try ground beef, ground pork, or veggie protein like Beyond Meat)
- Red onion (diced)
- Fresh parsley (chopped)
- An egg
For the glaze:
- Brown sugar
- Dijon mustard
How to make meatballs
- First, add your ground protein to a large bowl.
- Add the diced red onion, breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, egg, salt, and oregano.
- Combine thoroughly using your hands or a spatula, making sure that the ingredients are evenly dispersed throughout.
- Shape the mixture into 1 to 1.5 inch balls.
- Place a piece of foil or parchment in the bottom of your air fryer basket and arrange the meatballs overtop.
- Cook the meatballs for 8 minutes.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl and brush the glaze over the meatballs.
- Place the meatballs back into the air fryer and cook them for an additional 7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Are BReadcrumbs Necessary in Meatballs?
Ideally you’ll want to have some kind of binder to hold your meatball mixture together. Otherwise, the meatballs could fall apart and leave you with a mushy mess. About a half cup of breadcrumbs and an egg mixed into the batter will do the trick.
If you’re gluten free you can use gluten free bread crumbs or make them from your favorite gluten free bread.
why are my meatballs tough?
There are a couple different reasons why your meatballs may have come out too tough or chewy.
Don’t skip the breadcrumbs and eggs - you’ll need them to bind the meat together and keep it moist. Leaving out the binder can cause too much moisture to render off while cooking, leaving the meatballs tough.
Another reason for tough meatballs is over cooking. There are several different types of air fryers on the market, and they all operate a little differently. As with any other recipe, be sure to watch the meatballs so that they don’t overcook. You may need to adjust your cooking times by a minute or two.
More Air Fryer Appetizers You’ll Love!
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
Are you gluten-free? Me too! We also have a sister site where EVERYTHING is gluten-free. It is called VegetarianMamma. You can find some awesome dishes there for your Meatless Mondays! Always be sure to read ingredient labels to make sure that the product/ingredients fits your dietary restrictions!
Generally, we make simple enough recipes where you can sub the ingredients. Common subs in our recipes include: Bread = Canyon Bakehouse Bread Crumbs = Ian's GF Bread Crumbs Flour = GF Jules All Purpose GF Flour.
Because our household is mixed between gluten and gluten-free, we have made almost everything on our site both ways. (except some of the frozen foods). If you have any questions, please ask!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers! Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes. Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air fryer
For the meatballs:
- Combine the ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl.
- Roll the mixture into 1-1.5 inch balls.
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper or foil.
- Place the meatballs into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the meatballs at 380 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together and brush over the meatballs.
- Air fry the meatballs for another 7 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Remove the meatballs from the air fryer basket, then serve and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Let's talk! Drop me a comment below letting me know if you have ever made meatballs in an air fryer! If you have tried these meatballs, I'd love to get your feedback! Let me know in the comments below!