Delicious Air Fryer Salmon Patties are ready in just a few minutes! Crispy on the outside and packed with salmon and the perfect seasonings, you'll love this recipe for simple dinners or lunches.
AIR FRYER SALMON PATTIES RECIPE
Air Fryer Salmon patties are a delicious seafood meal. This recipe is packed with fish, panko breadcrumbs, and the perfect spices to make them taste like you ordered them at your favorite seafood restaurant.
Serve Air Fryer Salmon patties with homemade Tartar Sauce and lemon wedges for a simple meal that everyone will love.
The best part about this recipe is that you can used canned salmon to make it. You can also use fresh, cooked salmon, but I find that canned is generally less expensive so it's a perfect shortcut. We'll be chopping the salmon up anyways, so there's no need to fuss over cooking fish first if you don't want to.
The next best thing is that these salmon cakes are delicious and crispy from the air fryer! We all love how we can create "fried" foods with less oil by using our air fryers, and this recipe is a great example of that. Just a bit of cooking spray will give us tender salmon patties that are crispy on the outside.
INGREDIENTS FOR SALMON PATTIES IN AIR FRYER
Salmon - you'll need 16 ounces of cooked salmon. I suggest using canned salmon, but if you prefer you can use freshly cooked salmon. Remove any skin or bones first.
Panko Bread Crumbs - I use a gluten free brand of panko crumbs, but any style of panko will work beautifully here. This gives crunch to the outside of the patties and helps hold everything together.
Parsley and Green Onions - I love the color that these green things add, plus they give tons of fresh flavor.
Egg - One egg added to the mix will help to solidify the patties as they cook and keep them from falling apart.
Mayo - Mayonnaise adds creaminess to the salmon.
Lemon Juice - I always like a bit of fresh lemon with fish. Here it adds a nice tang and acidity to the mixture.
Garlic Powder - One of my favorite seasonings, garlic powder is an easy way to get the savory flavor of garlic into your recipes.
Salt and Pepper - Well seasoned fish is always a good thing.
Cooking Spray - I prefer to use an avocado oil cooking spray, but whatever type of oil you prefer will work just fine.
If you have any questions about making air fryer salmon patties, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE SALMON PATTIES IN AIR FRYER
- Break up the cooked salmon with a fork until it's finely ground. Large pieces of salmon will make the patties fall apart while cooking.
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, panko bread crumbs, parsley, green onion, egg, mayo, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and ground pepper.
- Stir until well combined.
- Form the salmon mixture into 8 equal sized patties.
- Spray the preheated air fryer basket with oil to prevent the patties from sticking, and place the patties in the basket.
- Air Fry as directed in the recipe card below, flipping over halfway though cooking time.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for making salmon patties in air fryer, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER SALMON PATTIES
I love to serve salmon patties with a fresh green salad, and of course lemons and homemade tartar sauce.
HOW DO I KEEP SALMON PATTIES FROM FALLING APART?
The trick to keeping salmon patties stuck together is to make sure that the salmon is really broken up and before mixing. Large chunks of fish will cause the mixture to break apart during or after cooking.
HOW TO STORE SALMON PATTIES?
You can store cooked patties in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat for just a few minutes in the air fryer until they're warm.
These patties can also be stored before cooking. Form the patties and place them in a shallow container in one layer (or two layers, separated by parchment or wax paper). Store in the freezer until you're ready to cook, up to 2 days ahead of time.
MORE DELICIOUS AIR FRYER DINNER RECIPES
If you love seafood in the air fryer you will also love this recipe for Air Fryer Scallops. Fish comes out amazing in the air fryer as well. Try Air Fryer Catfish with Air Fryer Hushpuppies for a real southern treat.
Want to know how to cook salmon on the stove? I found this recipe for pan fried salmon that might help.
Vegetarian Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers are a great meal that even meat-eaters will love.
Or maybe you just want to skip the air fryer for this meal and make some lemon sauced salmon cakes!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- 16 oz Fresh or canned cooked salmon bones and skin removed
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs regular or gluten free
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Green onions sliced
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat air fryer to 380F for 5 minutes.
- Break up the cooked salmon with a fork until it is finely ground.
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, panko bread crumbs, parsley, green onions, egg, mayo, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Stir until combined.
- Form the salmon mixture into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking oil to prevent the patties from sticking.
- Air fry at 380F for 4 minutes, flip the salmon patties over and spray the tops with more avocado oil cooking spray. Air fry for another 4-5 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- You can use fresh or canned salmon for this recipe. The salmon already needs to be cooked and broken up. If you’re using fresh salmon that you have cooked already, break it up finely with a fork or use a food processor. You don’t want large chunks of salmon in your patties, they will fall apart while cooking.
- It’s important to make all of your salmon patties the same size so that they brown in the same amount of time and don’t dry out.
- ● Begin to check your salmon patties at the 7 minute mark to be sure they do not overcook and dry out.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes airfying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.