Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies are ready in half the time of traditional recipes! There's only 7 minutes between you and a tasty homemade treat!
Peanut butter cookies are the perfect salty and sweet treat, and these Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies are a quick and easy snack or dessert in no time flat!
I prefer making cookies from scratch because I know exactly what's in them.
These air fryer cookies are as simple as can be with creamy peanut butter, all purpose flour (regular or gluten free!), softened butter, any milk, one egg, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Don't forget the fork for those classic lines on top!
Want your dessert for breakfast? Try my Air Fryer Donuts for bite-size pillows of dough covered in cinnamon sugar!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
These delicious air fryer cookies are a simple treat you can feel good about giving your family!
Choose your own milk here — dairy isn't required.
- First, mix together your all-purpose flour and baking soda. Regular or gluten-free flour works in this recipe!
- Then, in a second bowl, mix together the softened butter and peanut butter — you may wanna get out your electric mixer here! Once mixed, add the sugars.
- Next, add your egg and the milk and mix before slowly adding the flour and baking soda. Mix to combine into your dough. Form the dough into balls, about a tablespoon each, and use a fork to smash the top.
- Finally, place the cookies into your air fryer basket and cook for 6 to 7 minutes at 350 degrees F (or 180 degrees C!) until golden brown. Allow your cookies to cool completely before serving for a solid, crunchy cookie. Enjoy!
HOW TO FREEZE
I LOVE this recipe because I can make a bunch and freeze them for quick and easy cookies if I want 1 or a dozen!
Form cookies with your fork and move them to parchment paper to freeze.
Once frozen, these raw cookies can last a few months in the freezer.
Thaw them before baking if you have time or, if not, add a few minutes to the cook time and check them every 5 minutes.
These make for a great after-school snack!
I love these Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies as is, but there are tons of add-ins to make them unique!
I use creamy peanut butter, but if you like crunchy, use that! You may end up with less perfectly smooth dough but you'll get an extra crunch in every bite!
You can also add in other nuts like walnuts or pecans.
Love chocolate? So does peanut butter! Throw in a few chocolate chips, the smaller the better.
Make it an even more fall recipe with cinnamon chips instead of chocolate!
For any additions, gently fold them into the dough in the final step to keep them from sinking to the bottom during baking.
MORE AMAZING AIR FRYER DESSERTS
Raise your hand if you love desserts? We do!
If you love desserts, you need to check out some of our favorite dessert recipes: Air Fryer Monkey Bread, Spiced Apples in the Air Fryer, Air Fryer Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, French Toast in the Air Fryer, Air Fryer Cupcakes and Apple Crisp in the Air Fryer
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- Electric mixer, optional
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour regular or gluten free
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter smooth
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk dairy or non-dairy
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all purpose flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together softened butter and peanut butter. It may help to use an electric mixer. Add sugars and mix until well combined.
- Next, add the egg and milk. Mix well to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture in small increments. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Roll about a tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball. Use a fork to flatten the cookie. Place cookies into air fryer basket or onto air fryer tray.
- Air fry the cookies for 6 to 7 minutes at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Remove cookies from air fryer. Cookies should rest until completely cool to strengthen. Enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.