This Air Fryer Turkey Breast recipe is a great healthy weeknight main dish! Let your air fryer do the work and YOU reap the rewards!
Everyone loves a warm turkey breast because it feels like a holiday, but you can have Thanksgiving every week with this easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast recipe with just a little oil and a few spices!!
Roasting a whole turkey is an all-day ordeal, but roasting a turkey breast in the air fryer is ready in under and hour!
This gives every family the option to have a healthy roasted turkey main dish every week instead of once a year.
Want to have a mini-Thanksgiving meal any time of year?
Try our Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole and our Gluten-Free Mushroom Stuffing, both with all the flavor but less of the guilt of the holidays!
How to make Air Fryer Turkey
Many recipes have you cook the turkey breast longer, but I've had luck with this timing for 3-pound breasts.
Depending on the size, you may need to adjust the time. Always check your temperature before you slice!
- Rub oil onto turkey breast and sprinkle both sides with spices.
- Put turkey in air fryer basket. I use parchment paper under the turkey to make cleanup easier!
- Cook for about 40 minutes at 360°F or 182°C, flipping turkey breasts halfway through cooking. Make sure your turkey is at least 165°F!
- Rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving!
Can I cook a frozen turkey breast in the air fryer?
Unfortunately a frozen turkey breast is not an option for the AF.
By the time it thawed and cooked the turkey breast, it would be very overcooked and dry — no one wants that!
If you have a frozen turkey breast, thaw it at least overnight in the refrigerator.
It takes about 24 hours of thaw time in a 40°F fridge for every five pounds of turkey.
What size air fryer do I need to cook a turkey?
Air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food to cook it, similarly to a convection oven.
To cook a 3-pound turkey breast, like in this recipe, you need at least a 3-quart AF Unit, if not larger, such as a 5-quart option.
Make sure when you place your turkey in the basket you space everything out as much as possible, aiming for nothing touching.
This will help with even cooking as well as getting the outside brown and crispy!
More yummy air fryer recipes
We have so many air fryer recipes to choose from!
If you are having trouble figuring out which one to try next, we suggest: Air Fryer Mexican Corn on the Cob, Air Fryer Kale Chips, Meatloaf in the air fryer, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash and Air Fryer Asparagus
Looking to purchase an air fryer? Wondering which air fryer is right for you?
Here are my TOP picks of air fryers on the market today!
Cosori Air Fryer Oven
Cosori Air Fryer 5.8 Quart
Power Fryer XL
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Turkey
- Cutting board
- 3 lb. turkey breast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- Rub oil onto turkey breast. Combine seasonings and sprinkle on all sides of turkey.
- Place turkey breast in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 360°F or 182°C for 20 minutes. Flip breast and cook another 20 minutes. Turkey should be 165°F.
- Rest turkey for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.