If you're looking for an appetizer that is both satisfying and healthy, try these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips! You will love dipping these crispy coins into your favorite creamy sauce!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are easy to make and you'll almost forget that they're nutritious!
A crispy panko coating on the outside gives way to irresistibly tender bites of zucchini.
This zucchini air fryer recipe is the perfect starter before a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs!
Health Benefits of Zucchini
Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that has a mild flavor, so it lends itself well to various flavor profiles and cuisines.
From zucchini bread to zucchini noodles, there are tons of different ways to use it in cooking.
Zucchini is also jam-packed with nutrients like potassium and antioxidants like vitamin C.
It offers digestive support and may improve heart health and blood sugar levels as well.
This easy zucchini chips recipe is not only delicious, but it's a recipe that you can feel good about making for your entire family!
How to Make Fried Zucchini in Air Fryer
It doesn't take much effort to make these little bites of heaven!
Follow these steps to make the best air fryer zucchini:
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat an egg.
- Dip slices of zucchini into the egg, carefully coating both sides,
- Place the egg-dipped zucchini coins into the panko and flip to coat. Shake off any excess breading.
- Arrange your breaded zucchini chips in a single layer in your air fryer basket, then cook according to the recipe.
How do you keep zucchini from getting soggy?
The key to making super crispy zucchini chips is spraying them with cooking oil before air frying.
A little oil goes a long way, so I recommend a thorough, but quick spray.
Be sure not to over-spray your zucchini chips so that they come out light and golden brown.
Halfway through air frying your zucchini, pull out the basket and gently flip the coins over.
Spray the zucchini coins with cooking oil again, then return the basket to your air fryer to finish cooking.
What to Serve with Fried Zucchini
A creamy, cool sauce is the perfect partner for these savory zucchini coins.
You can't go wrong with a simple side of ranch for dipping.
If you want something a bit different, you can also serve with BBQ ranch sauce or a southwestern ranch if you like a little heat.
These air fryer zucchini bites would be delicious with a simple beer cheese sauce too!
More yummy air fryer appetizer recipes to try:
We have so many air fryer recipes to choose from!
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven.
If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air fryer
- In a small bowl, scramble the eggs.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs into another small bowl.
- Dip the zucchini coins into the eggs, then dip the coins into the breadcrumbs to coat on both sides.
- Arrange the breaded zucchini coins in a single layer in your air fryer basket.
- Spray cooking oil over the tops of the zucchini coins.
- Air fry the zucchini chips at 400 degrees for 4 minutes, then pull out the basket and gently flip the coins using a pair of tongs or a fork.
- Spray the zucchini coins again with cooking oil, then return the basket to your air fryer and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.