These Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks are a perfectly seasoned, crispy dinner that is both kid and adult approved! This family friendly meal is made under 30 minutes!
WHAT MAKES THESE AIR FRIED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS SO GOOD?
- We used legs for this air fried chicken, but you can use any type of chicken you'd like with this recipe! For larger pieces you may need to add some extra cook time!
- These air fried chicken drumsticks is both KID and ADULT approved! The irresistible crispy skin will have you coming back for more!
- This recipe can be easily doubled, but you may need to cook in batches depending on your air fryer size (do not stack chicken)!
- This recipe is super, duper easy and its quick which makes it great for those busy weeknights!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR AIR FRIED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- Cook time vary based on your style and type of Air Fryer, but in my testing, it took approximately 25 minutes for air fried chicken legs! You can also cook thighs as well, you may need to adjust cook time.
- Need a little extra crisp? It will also depend on how you like your chicken legs cooked. I like to give them some extra time in the air fryer to get really crispy skin.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that your chicken legs are at least 165F. That's how you know that they are done.
- It might be tempting but do not stack your air fried chicken in the air fryer. Layering foods will not allow for even cooking.
- Always CHECK on your food. Each air fryer runs a bit different, yours may cook faster than mine! Or slower!
- Smoking air fryer? If you have a basket you can add about 1-2T of water to the bottom to help reduce smoking if that occurs.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Frozen broccoli in the air fryer
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fried Potato wedges
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- 5-8 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken drumsticks in a plastic zipper bag. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add spice mixture to the bag and toss to coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil, then place the drumsticks inside and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip drumsticks and cook for another 10 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Add another 5 minutes of cooking time, until cooked to desired doneness. Serve immediately.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Don't overcrowd the chicken in the air fryer. Allow room for air to flow.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.