Air Fried Potato Wedges are a quick and easy side dish. They are crispy on the outside, yet tender on the insider. These air fried potato wedges are family friendly and perfect for a side dish or late night snacking!
Why you will love these air fried potato wedges
- If you love fries or potatoes in general and you love your air fryer, these air fried potato wedges will make the most perfect seasoned fries you've had!
- These air fryer fries are easy to make, and you can adjust how crisp they get be simply adjusting the cook time!
- The best part is you are ditching all the oil that a deep fryer brings to this type of recipe! All the flavor, but much less oil!
Tips and Tricks for air fried potato wedges
- Soaking cut potatoes in cold water before frying or air frying them is a pro tip! Soaking pulls starch out of the potatoes, making them less sticky and better able to cook up crispy. It makes the inside texture of the fries fluffier as well.
- I use russet potatoes for a couple of reasons. One, they are typically long, slender potatoes, so they are shaped perfectly for cutting wedges. Other potatoes are more spherical, and won't make good wedges. Secondly, the texture of russet potatoes is just preferred when making french fries in the air fryer. It's lighter and fluffier when cooked since Russets are less waxy than yellow or white potatoes.
- Cook air fryer potato wedges in a single layer in your air fryer. Resist the urge to stack them on top of each other.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Enjoy your potato wedges with Air Fryer Fried Chicken for a super satisfying meal that everyone will love.
- Air Fryer Steak or Air Fryer Pork Loin Roast would be delicious with a side of potato wedges as well.
- Make up some delicious and juicy Air Fryer Hamburgers to go with your wedges for a kid friendly lunch or dinner meal.
- Be sure to check out "how to clean your air fryer"
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fried Potato Wedges
- Air fryer
- Cut potatoes into 6 to 8 wedges each and place them in a large bowl. Cover with cold water and soak for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and blot dry.
- Return to a dry bowl. Drizzle potato wedges with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika and toss again to coat evenly.
- Place wedges in a single layer in the basket and cook at 400F/204C for 15 minutes.
- Halfway through, shake the basket or flip the wedges with tongs.
- Repeat with remaining wedges, then serve.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Serve these wedges with your favorite dipping sauces! Try ketchup, BBQ Sauce, or Ranch Dressing.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.