This air fryer chicken breast no breading is the tastiest, foolproof chicken that you can make! This easy recipe cooks in 18 minutes and is gluten-free friendly!
What makes Air Fryer Chicken Breast No Breading so good?
- The air fryer makes light work of these tasty air fryer chicken breasts no breading! They cook in under 18 minutes. Time could vary depending on the size of the breast you are air frying!
- This recipe is KID and adult approved! It hasn't failed us yet! A tried and true recipe that works well in all air fryers! Be sure to "check" on your food along the way!
- Meal Prep! Cook once and have lunch ready for a few days! We love to batch cook this recipe to eat all week long!
Tips and Ticks for Air Fryer Chicken Breast No Breading
- Spice it up! We keep this seasoning simple, but you can certainly take it up a notch! Try using cumin and chili powder for a taco style chicken breast. Or season with salt and poultry seasoning for a homestyle chicken breast in the air fryer.
- Cooking from frozen? Cook at 360F for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until done. Keep in mind that all air fryers cook a little bit differently, so check the temperature of your meat with a thermometer to make sure that it's done.
- Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches a temperature of 165F. I recommend using a kitchen thermometer to test the temperature of your chicken at the end of the cook time. Add additional minutes to the cook time if needed.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer Sausage
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast No Breading
- 3 Chicken Breasts 6-8 ounces each
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
- Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil.
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl, then rub on both sides of the chicken.
- Place the breasts in a single layer in the basket and cook at 390F/189C for 9 minutes.
- Flip the breasts over and cook for another 9 minutes, until internal temperature is 165 degrees F. If cooking larger or smaller breasts, be sure to adjust cook time accordingly to avoid under- or over-cooking.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and loosely cover with foil, allowing it to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve immediately or use as meal prep.
- Adjust the chicken seasonings however you'd like, and get creative to make other varieties.
- You can make two or three chicken breasts with this recipe, depending on the size of the pieces and the size of your air fryer basket.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes airfrying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.