This Air Fryer Zucchini is just one ingredient and is ready in less than 20 minutes with little effort! Add a splash of green to your plate tonight.
I love an easy side dish because so many main dishes have a lot of steps.
Simply, this Air Fryer Zucchini is the quintessential easy recipe with only 3 steps: cut, cook, and eat!
This vegan recipe is a great basic to add into a dish or eat alongside a great meat or veggie main option.
About ¾ of the recipe is just cook time, so this is a great option for school nights, after extracurriculars, or even to add to a pasta dish or ratatouille.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI
This healthy dish is too easy to mess up!
It's also a great blank slate for any kind of seasonings you'd like to add, from salt and pepper to cumin, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, or even parmesan cheese!
- Dice your zucchini into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the zucchini pieces to your air fryer basket.
- If you want to use a spray oil or seasonings, now is the time! If so, give the basket a shake to distribute everything evenly.
- Cook zucchini in the air fryer for about 12 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Shake the basket during cooking to reduce sticking. Serve immediately and enjoy!
HOW TO CUT ZUCCHINI
Zucchini is an incredibly versatile vegetable that can be sliced, diced, spiralized, and more.
But, what's the easiest way to dice one up without taking forever?
After lopping off the ends, I like to slice my zucchini in half longways first.
After that, I slice the halves in half, so I have four long quarters.
Dice those up into ¼-inch tiny triangles, and you're done!
This recipe can also be done with zucchini coins or in long spears like zucchini fries.
Just cook until crispy and golden brown.
HOW TO STORE ZUCCHINI
I love zucchini and buy it in bulk every summer, but sometimes I get overzealous and they wilt before I get to them.
On average, raw zucchini will survive about 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
If you're looking to use it later than that, freeze it! But...how?
Slice your zucchinis as you wish, whether in spears, coins, or diced, and boil them for about 2 minutes.
After that, immediately plunge the zucchini into an ice bath to stop the cooking.
Sealed in an air-tight container, zucchini can last for about a year in the freezer.
When freezing, I like to put my zucchini into individually portioned containers so I can use one or two for a meal instead of thawing and refreezing an entire container.
Helps me use my frozen veggies more!
YUMMY AIR FRYER RECIPES
If you are looking to try a new air fryer recipe, we have a few suggestions that we think you will love!
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
Air Fryer Zucchini
- 3 cups zucchini
- spray oil optional
- Wash zucchini and cut off ends.
- Dice zucchini into bite-sized pieces.
- Put zucchini into air fryer basket. You can spray with oil before cooking if desired.
- Cook zucchini in the air fryer for about 12 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Shake basket at least once during cooking to reduce sticking.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.