Air Fryer Bacon is a quick and easy recipe for the best crispy bacon! Once you cook bacon in your air fryer, you'll never go back to the old way again!
Air Fryer Bacon
Air Fryer Bacon is the best way to cook bacon!
No more making a greasy mess and hot, dangerous bacon fat over a hot stove! Bacon in the air fryer is seriously the way to go!
In less than 10 minutes you can have crispy, perfectly cooked bacon on the table using your air fryer.
I make a vegan tempeh air fryer bacon that is to die for, and this pork bacon is just as delicious!
We all know how it goes - cooking bacon on the stovetop takes so much effort!
You have to cook it in batches, so the texture is rarely uniform.
And don't even get me started on the mess!
How to Make Bacon in the Air Fryer
I'm certain that once you try making bacon in your air fryer, you'll never look back!
All you need is a few strips of center cut pork bacon and a few minutes.
Here's how you do it:
This air fryer bacon recipe eliminates all of that and leaves you with the most incredible tasting, crispy bacon!
- The first thing you'll want to do is remove desired strips of bacon from the package.
- Next, cut the bacon strips in half. (optional or use other methods below) This will make it easier to fit in the air fryer basket and it'll crisp up perfectly!
- Arrange the bacon slices in the bottom of your air fryer basket.
- Then, turn your air fryer to 350 degrees and cook it for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the air fryer basket and drain it on paper towels. This will help to remove extra grease and allow the bacon to crisp well.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
Tips for Cooking Perfect Air Fryer Bacon
When cooking more than one batch of bacon, you MUST empty the second air fryer basket!
All of the excess bacon fat that drains into the pan will collect and make your air fryer SMOKE! Click here to learn the best way to clean your air fryer.
The cooking time for this fried bacon recipe is for thinner center cut bacon slices.
If your bacon is thicker, increase the cook time to 8-10 minutes.
Watch the cooking time! Different air fryers have varying cook times, and bacon can easily burn.
Keep an eye on your air fryer as the bacon cooks and carefully open the basket to do so if needed.
Air Fryer Bacon is unique because you can cook it a variety of ways.
You can use the "twist method" pictured on the left. That allows you to fit more bacon.
You can also use the "dump and go" method pictures on the right. Literally, stack your back in there and let it cook, stirring one time during the process.
How to Serve Air Fryer Bacon
Serve with eggs, fruit and a cherry vanilla smoothie for the perfect breakfast spread.
Crumble over a salad to add some crunch.
Add a few slices to an egg sandwich for a delicious breakfast on the go.
Crumble and mix with salt & pepper to make bacon salt.
Make a BLT! Add to a sandwich spread with mayo or hummus, top with thick slices of fresh tomato and crunchy green lettuce. Yum!
Whole 30 Air Fryer Bacon
We often get a lot of questions, if our recipes are Whole 30 compliant. Some of our recipes are Whole 30 Air Fryer Recipes and some do not fit that category.
This Whole 30 Air Fryer Bacon is compliant with the typical recommendations.
Read the label to make sure it is nitrate and sugar free.
The whole 30 way of eating emphasizes whole foods and the elimination of sugar, alcohol, grains, legumes, soy, and dairy.
Want more delicious air fryer breakfast recipes? Check these out!
We have so many air fryer recipes to choose from!
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven.
If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
If you are looking for vegetarian recipes beyond air fryer ones, we have a Vegetarian Newsletter as well as a Vegetarian Recipes facebook group. This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
If you have tried this Whole 30 Air Fryer Bacon Recipe, drop us a comment below! Tell us what method you used to cook the bacon. Did you twist it, dump it in there or only cook a small amount?
Air Fryer Bacon
- Air fryer
- 1 package center cut bacon
- To make your air fryer bacon, start by removing desired slices of bacon from the package.
- Optional: Cut the bacon strips in half. This will help the bacon fit in the air fryer basket. Or use the twisted method or dump and go method described in the post.
- Place your bacon in the air fryer.
- Cook your air fryer bacon a 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Flip the bacon midway through the cooking process.
- Remove the bacon from the air fryer and place it on paper towels. This will soak up any extra grease.
- If you plan to cook a second batch, it is critical that you empty the second air fryer basket. It is the basket that contains all the grease from your air fryer bacon. If you do not empty and wipe it out, it will make your air fryer SMOKE.
- The cooking time for this air fryer bacon recipe is for thinner center cut slices. If you are using thick slices, I would suggest cooking the bacon strips 8-10 minutes.
- Just like with anything you cook, you need to monitor the cooking. Bacon can quickly turn from deliciously golden brown to burnt. Keep your eye on the air fryer bacon as it cooks. Its okay if you open the air fryer basket to check on it.
- Readers have shared that if you are using an air fryer unit with a basket you can put a piece of bread between the baskets to catch the grease.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Let's talk! Drop me a comment below and let me know if you have made this air fryer bacon! Who would have thought that making bacon in the air fryer would be so tasty!