Air Fryer Chicken Breast is the fastest way to prepare incredible, juicy chicken breasts! Forget the oven – your air fryer will have this mouthwatering chicken on your table in only 20 minutes!
Air Fryer Chicken Breast is a healthy and delicious dish that is seasoned to perfection! The savory outer coating complements the juicy and tender chicken so well, you’ll love cooking chicken in your air fryer! This easy air fryer chicken recipe pairs perfectly with fresh greens and rice, or a flavorful Roasted Red Pepper Risotto.
Ingredients needed for Air Fryer Chicken Breast
You won’t believe how easy it is to make the perfect juicy chicken breast! Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
- Garlic Powder
- Boneless chicken breasts
How to cook chicken in an air fryer
- Start by trimming off unwanted pieces from your chicken breasts. Simply snip excess fat, skin, and cartilage off using a good pair of kitchen shears and discard.
- Combine the cornstarch and spices together in a shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken evenly with the spice and cornstarch mixture.
- Line your air fryer basket with foil or parchment, and place the seasoned chicken breasts on top.
- Cook the chicken in your air fryer for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Flip the chicken halfway through the cooking time to ensure that it cooks thoroughly.
- Let the chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes, then slice, plate, and dig in!
How do I know when chicken is done?
It is super important to take food safety measures when cooking chicken! Undercooked chicken can harbor bacteria and cause illnesses, so it’s imperative that you cook your chicken to the right temperature!
While it may be tempting to eyeball it, I recommend playing it safe and using a meat thermometer. Chicken should reach a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F at the thickest part of the cutlet.
Is Air Fried Chicken Healthy?
Because air frying uses very little, if any, cooking oil, it adds only a minimal amount of additional fat when cooking.
Traditionally fried foods are immersed in oil, and it can often be difficult to drain off the excess. Air frying eliminates a significant amount of the extra fat and calorie content that traditional frying adds, so it’s considered a much more desirable cooking method.
There are a few other ways to reduce excess fat and calorie content when air frying chicken breasts. Consider using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, as directed in this recipe. Sugary glazes can be swapped for flavorful seasoning mixes as well.
What you’re left with is juicy, filling chicken that is packed with protein and so good for you!
Want more main dish recipes? Check out these air fryer eats!
Pin this air fryer chicken breast recipe for later
PRO TIP: When cooking meat it is extremely important that you measure the internal temperature to make sure your meat has been cooked to completion. I highly recommend that you get a meat thermometer to keep handy when cooking in your air fryer!
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the “Air Fry” function.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers! Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let’s get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes. Don’t forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air fryer
- Prepare the chicken breasts by trimming off any excess fat and unwanted pieces.
- Mix the spices and cornstarch together in a bowl.
- Coat the chicken breasts with oil or cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the spice & cornstarch mixture on the chicken.
- Place a piece of parchment or foil in the bottom of your air fryer basket. Place the chicken on top of that.
- Air fry the chicken for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees F, flipping the chicken breasts halfway through. Cook until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the chicken reaches a minimum of 165 degrees F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing & plating.
- Each air fryer will run a bit different. Temps and time may vary.
- Make sure that your chicken is cooked through. It must be 165 degrees F at the thickest part.
- The chicken breasts I used in this recipe were 1 inch thick.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Teach me about air fryers
Still wondering about your air fryer? Are you wanting to learn more about air frying? I highly suggest you check out our “Start Here” page to get more information!
Let’s talk! Drop me a comment below and let me know if you have cooked chicken in your air fryer? Have you tried my air fryer chicken recipe? Let me know how it tasted!