Air Fryer Tostadas are the perfect flat homemade taco shell with or without meat! These open-faced tacos are super crispy and ready in just 6 minutes each!
Tacos are always on my menu, and these Air Fryer Tostadas are a fun twist on the classic hard taco!
Most tortillas are naturally vegan, so this is an easy recipe to modify for almost any diet!
I like to keep mine simple with black beans, shredded cheese, black olives, tomatoes, and lettuce, but let your creativity go wild.
Make it an Air Fryer Taco Tuesday with this Air Fryer Elote for a low-calorie version of the traditional Mexican corn on the cob side dish!
HOW TO MAKE TOSTADAS IN AN AIR FRYER
How matter how you top these crispy tacos, your family will love them again and again!
- First, put one tortilla into the air fryer. I like to top mine with a metal trivet to keep it from blowing around during the cooking. Air fry at 390 degrees F — or 198 degrees C! — for about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown.
- Next, add about a quarter of your beans and cheese before returning tostada to the air fryer for another 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Then, take your tortilla out and top with lettuce, olives, tomatoes, or anything that strikes your fancy!
- Repeat process with all tortillas and serve immediately. Enjoy!
How to Serve
The toppings are completely up to you with these Air Fryer Tostadas.
Let everyone make their own tostadas with a build-your-own taco bar complete with beans, veggies, salsa, and guacamole for the ultimate family dinner experience.
Have an untraditional taco night with different themes, like pizza tacos covered with tomato sauce and pepperoni, or Indian tacos with leftover tikka masala.
How to Store Tostadas
This recipe is great to make ahead for meal prep or a busy night because homemade tostadas are good up to one week in an airtight container at room temperature.
Leave these on your countertop instead of the fridge to keep them super crisp.
Other Amazing Mexican-Inspired Recipes
Looking for more air fryer recipes or vegetarian recipes? We have a lot to choose from.
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven.
If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
If you are looking for vegetarian recipes beyond air fryer ones, we have a Vegetarian Newsletter as well as a Vegetarian Recipes facebook group. This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Tostadas
- Air fryer
- Trivet, optional
- 4 tortillas flour or corn
- 1 cup black beans cooked
- 1 cup lettuce
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Guacamole for garnish, optional
- Sour cream for garnish, optional
- Put one tortilla at a time into the air fryer. Weight it down with a trivet or other weight and air fry at 390 degrees F (198 degrees C) for 4 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Add ¼ of the beans and ¼ of the cheese. Air fry another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove tortilla and top with lettuce, olives, and tomatoes.
- Repeat process for all tortillas. Serve warm and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.