This Air Fryer Pork Loin Roast is deliciously seasoned, cooked to perfection, and fast and easy because we're cooking it in our air fryer.
AIR FRYER PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPE
Cooking a pork roast is one of the most direct ways to create a homecooked dinner that everyone will love. Pork loin roast is versatile, tasty, and much simpler to cook than you might think.
We're making an air fryer pork loin roast that cooks up quickly in the air fryer and will rival any oven roasted pork you've ever had. This roast is tender, juicy, and perfectly seasoned.
This air fryer pork loin roast recipe is for a large pork loin roast, not a pork tenderloin, which is a much smaller, thinner cut of pork. They are different and will have different cooking times.
I like the loin roast because I can get more meat for the price and the larger size means there is much less risk of overcooking it. For more delicious pork dinners, try Air Fryer Pork Chops (no breading), Air Fryer Pork Belly, or Air Fryer Pork Chops.
INGREDIENTS IN AIR FRYER PORK LOIN ROAST
Pork Loin Roast - Look for a cut that is about 2.5 pounds. Remember that the loin roast is different than a tenderloin. The loin roast is thick and shorter.
Olive Oil - Rubbing olive oil on the roast helps keep it tender and allows the seasonings to stick to the meat.
Italian Seasoning - This blend of Italian herbs is delicious on almost any kind of meat and it's a great shortcut spice blend.
Kosher Salt - To season the meat well, i like a coarse ground kosher salt.
Garlic Powder - This adds a warm, savory note to the pork.
Black Pepper - to finish up our simple pork roast seasoning, add freshly ground black pepper.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PORK LOIN ROAST
- If your roast has a layer of fat on top, cut the fat crosswise in slits, every half inch or so.
- Add the dried Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and black pepper to a small bowl.
- Stir seasonings until well combined.
- Pour olive oil over the roast and rub all over until completely covered. Then cover the pork loin with the spice mix.
- Place the pork in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer as directed in the recipe card below. Flip over half way through cooking time. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 145°F using an instant read thermometer.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER PORK LOIN ROAST
A roast like this is also delicious when sliced very thin and used for sandwiches.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN PORK LOIN ROAST IS DONE?
Pork is safely cooked when the center of the roast reads at at least 145°F using an instant read thermometer. I highly recommend using a thermometer to test your meat when cooking.
Your finished air fryer pork roast will be golden brown on the outside and tender and juicy inside.
HOW TO PREPARE A PORK LOIN ROAST FOR COOKING
Often, pork loin roast comes with a thick layer of fat on top of it. You can address this fat layer in two ways.
One, score the fat using a sharp knife, in a crisscross pattern. This will allow the fat to render when cooking and become crispy.
Two, you can remove the fat entirely. This will result in leaner slices of meat without any crispy edges.
Make sure not to just leave the fat layer as it comes. If you don't score it, it will shrink and just not cook right.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PORK LOIN ROAST AND A PORK TENDERLOIN?
These are two different cuts of meat. A pork loin roast comes from the pig's back. It is a wider and thicker cut that generally has a fat cap, or layer of fat on top of it. A pork tenderloin is a thin, narrow cut of meat that is cut from the loin of the animal. It is a very tender, lean cut of meat.
This recipe is for the larger pork loin roast. A pork tenderloin will be overcooked if you use this method.
MORE DELICIOUS AIR FRYER DINNER RECIPES
For a delicious, Asian inspired, vegetarian meal, make Tofu Manchurian. This recipe boasts crispy tofu in a delicious sweet and savory sauce.
If you're looking for an air fryer pork tenderloin recipe, try this Sweet and Sour Pineapple Pork.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Pork Loin Roast
- Air fryer
- If your roast has a layer of fat on top, cut the fat crosswise in slits, every ½ inch or so.
- Pour the olive oil over the roast and rub all over until completely covered.
- Add the dried Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper to a small bowl. Stir until combined.
- Cover the pork loin with the spices
- Place the pork in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer at 360F for 20 minutes. Flip the roast over and cook for an additional 25 minutes, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145F.
- Let the roast rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cook until the pork reaches 145F. If you like your pork more well done, cook to an internal temperature of 155-160F.
- I highly recommend getting an instant read thermometer so you can check the internal temperature of your meat.
- Remember a pork loin roast is different from a pork tenderloin. A pork loin roast is larger and shorter, whereas a tenderloin is typically long and skinny. A tenderloin will cook much quicker than a pork loin roast.
- If your pork loin roast has a layer of fat on it, I highly recommend scoring it so that the fat can render as it cooks and become very crispy. You can also trim the fat off completely if you prefer.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes airfying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Air Fryer Eats Membership! Our membership offers exclusive recipes, meal plans, ebooks, helpful learning videos and more – all completely ad free!