If you're looking for the best recipe for making salmon in a Ninja Foodi air fryer, you have come to the right place! This easy Ninja Foodi salmon recipe is made in your Ninja Foodi in just 10 minutes.
Complete with a savory, well-balanced seasoning blend and a spritz of fresh lemon juice, this Ninja Foodi Salmon recipe is the best around.
NINJA FOODI SALMON RECIPE
My new favorite dinner to make in the Ninja Foodi is Salmon Filets.
The Ninja Foodi multicooker does a lot of things really well, but my favorite way to use it is, of course, as an air fryer! The air fryer function of the Ninja Foodi is as simple to use as a traditional air fryer, and it does an amazing job of cooking all types of foods, inlcluding Ninja Foodi Salmon.
Salmon in the Ninja Foodi really couldn't be easier! We will just season our salmon, and let the Foodi do the real work of air frying it to perfection.
Your fast and easy, delicious and healthy Ninja Foodi Salmon will be ready to serve for dinner in just 10 minutes! With Ninja Foodi Baked Potatoes or any of your favorite side dishes, this is an excellent weeknight meal that's also fit for special occasions too.
Use this Ninja Foodi method to cook salmon filets, or save money by buying a whole side of salmon and slicing it into pieces yourself.
INGREDIENTS FOR SALMON IN NINJA FOODI
Salmon Filets - Use your favorite type of salmon for this recipe. You can use frozen salmon that you've thawed or fresh salmon. The spice mixture in this recipe is enough to season 4 large pieces of salmon.
Olive Oil - Coating the salmon with oil before cooking it in the air fryer helps to keep it moist, plus it allows all the seasonings to stick on well.
Paprika - I love the warmth that paprika adds, as well as its ability to add color.
Garlic Powder - A bit of this savory seasoning is so delicious with fish.
Coarse Salt - Kosher salt or coarse sea salt will melt into the salmon as it cooks in the Ninja Foodi for great flavor.
Rosemary - Fresh, chopped rosemary is the first of three fresh herbs in this salmon rub.
Basil - Chop the basil to about the same size as the other herbs so that the texture is similar.
Parsley - The third green herb finishes up our herb and spice rub perfectly.
If you have any questions about Ninja Foodi Salmon, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE SALMON IN NINJA FOODI
- In a small bowl, mix together paprika, rosemary, basil, parsley, garlic powder, and salt. Prepare salmon filets, checking for any bones you can feel. If you’re using a whole salmon filet, cut it into serving sized pieces.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi on the Air Fry setting to 390°F/198°C for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add ¼ teaspoon of olive oil to the top of each salmon piece, then rub in ¼ of the seasoning mixture to each.
- Place seasoned salmon in the Ninja Foodi basket, skin side down. You will need to cook this recipe in batches. 1 large filet or two large ones can be cooked at a time.
- Close the crisper lid, and cook salmon in the Ninja Foodi using the Air Fry setting as directed in the recipe below. When salmon is done, remove from the air fryer. Garnish with fresh lemon and fresh parsley if desired.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for Ninja Foodi Salmon, please see the recipe below.
NINJA FOODI SALMON RECIPE TIPS
- The fish filets shown here are larger ones, but you can cook smaller filets using the same process. Check them at the 8 minute mark so that they don't overcook.
- With large pieces of salmon, I only cook one at a time. Avoid crowding the air fryer basket so that the salmon will cook evenly.
- Preheating is important in this recipe. You want the air fryer to be nice and hot when you add the salmon.
- Leave the skin on the salmon. It protects the delicate fish from sticking or overcooking on the bottom of the Ninja Foodi basket.
- You don't need to flip the fish over when cooking it in the Ninja Foodi air fryer.
OTHER NINJA FOODI SALMON SEASONINGS
You can use this recipe for Ninja Foodi salmon with any type of seasoning that you enjoy on salmon. It will work exactly the same. Try using simple Cajun seasoning, or Italian seasoning. Lemon pepper seasoning is always good with fish as well.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH NINJA FOODI SALMON
Your options for side dishes to go with this air fryer fish are almost endless!
Use your air fryer to create a simple potato side dish like Air Fryer Baked Potatoes (this is the only way I make them now!) or Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes.
Toss in a vegetable like Ninja Foodi Brussel Sprouts, Air Fryer Baby Carrots or Air Fryer Green Beans and you'll have an amazing and healthy air fryer meal.
Use the Instant Pot for your sides instead, and make some easy Instant Pot Brown Rice or Instant Pot Quinoa.
HOW LONG DO I COOK SALMON IN THE NINJA FOODI?
It takes between 8 and 10 minutes to cook salmon filets in the Ninja Foodi on the air fryer setting. I use a temperature of 390°F to cook Salmon in the Foodi.
WHAT IF MY SALMON ISN'T DONE AFTER 10 MINUTES?
Thicker salmon filets may take a few more minutes to fully cook in the air fryer. Just put it back in and check in two minutes.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN SALMON IS DONE COOKING?
If you take a fork and lightly pull from the center (or the thickest part) of the salmon filet, the fish should flake apart easily. If you prefer to go by temperature, ensure that your salmon is 145°F/63°C.
Visually, you can tell that salmon is done when the color has changed from translucent red or pink to opaque pink.
CAN YOU GET CRISPY SALMON SKIN IN THE AIR FRYER?
The Ninja Foodi can get the salmon skin crispy, but typically it's not as crispy as searing it in a pan. I always air fry my salmon filets with the skin on to keep the meat from sticking to the basket, and then remove the skin before serving.
WHAT KIND OF SALMON SHOULD I BUY TO AIR FRY?
There are many options when it comes to buying salmon at the grocery store. Here are some quick tips to help you when you're shopping for salmon to cook in the Ninja Foodi air fryer.
My suggestion is to purchase fresh salmon filets, either farm-raised or wild-caught for both convenience and the best flavor.
DIFFERENT CUTS OF SALMON TO LOOK FOR
Three main salmon cuts that you may find are salmon steaks, salmon filets, and salmon sides.
Salmon steaks will be cut as a slice that includes both sides of the salmon.
A side of salmon is a large fillet, that is one whole side of the fish, usually trimmed, but not super well.
Filets will be pieces cut from the side. These will come with or without skin. For this recipe, the best choice is salmon filets, with the skin on.
SHOULD I USE FRESH OR FROZEN SALMON FILETS
It can be cost-effective to purchase frozen salmon filets. Before air frying, be sure that you thaw the fish overnight in the refrigerator. Fresh salmon can be more expensive, but I think it's generally tastier.
SHOULD I BUY WILD CAUGHT OR FARMED SALMON?
You will overall get a more nutritious fish if it's been caught in the wild. Farmed salmon is generally lighter in color and has more fat, while wild caught salmon will be a redder, darker color.
CAN I MAKE OTHER FISH IN THE NINJA FOODI?
Of course! You can make any type of fish that you like in the Ninja Foodi using this foodi salmon recipe. Try it with other firm-fleshed fish such as pollack, hake, halibut, and cod.
Thinner or softer types of fish, such as tilapia, will also cook in the Ninja Foodi the same way that salmon does but will need less time.
MORE RECIPES TO MAKE IN THE NINJA FOODI
We have a whole collection of air fryer recipes specifically tested with the Ninja Foodi multicooker!
Ninja Foodi Steak is super easy to make. It's like a delicious steakhouse meal at home.
We're really enjoying this Ninja Foodi Ribs recipe with homemade BBQ sauce.
If you were wondering if you could cook Bacon in the Ninja Foodi, you'll be happy to know that you can! And it's delicious.
Do you have a Ninja Foodi Grill? Try making Grilled Salmon instead of Ninja Foodi Salmon tonight.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Ninja Foodi
- 4 salmon filets 4-6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon rosemary fresh, chopped
- ½ teaspoon basil fresh, chopped
- ½ teaspoon parsley fresh, chopped. Plus extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- Fresh lemon slices for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together paprika, rosemary, basil, parsley, garlic powder, and salt.
- Prepare salmon filets, checking for any bones you can feel. If you’re using a whole salmon filet, cut it into serving sized pieces.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi on the Air Fry setting to 390°F/198°C for 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of olive oil to the top of each salmon piece, then rub in ¼ of the seasoning mixture to each.
- Place seasoned salmon in the air fryer basket, skin side down. You will need to cook this recipe in batches. 1 large filet or two large ones can be cooked at a time.
- Close the crisper lid, and cook Salmon in the Ninja Foodi using the Air Fry setting at 390°F/198°C for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When salmon is done, remove from the air fryer. Garnish with fresh lemon and fresh parsley if desired.
- You can cook one or two pieces of salmon at a time in the Ninja Foodi. Don't try to do more than that, or they won't cook evenly. You want plenty of space around each fish fillet.
- Use this recipe with any type of firm fish that you like.
- Check your salmon at the 8 minute mark for doneness. If needed, cook for an additional two minutes. Add additional time if needed, in two minute intervals.
- Cook the salmon with the skin on. The skin may stick to the air fryer basket a bit, but the fish will remove easily.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes airfrying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.