Looking for a great way to add some pizzazz to broccoli? Try air frying it! Air Fryer Broccoli is the perfect combination of crispy and tender, and you won't believe how easy it is to make!
Air Fryer Broccoli is a delicious and quick way to add some green to your next meal!
Ten minutes and a little oil, salt, and pepper is all it takes to make tender, succulent air fried broccoli.
How to Cook Broccoli
Air Fried Broccoli is the easiest broccoli recipe!
It only takes a few simple steps to make:
- Start with rinsed and cut broccoli that has been patted with paper towels to dry. Place it in a bowl pour a tablespoon of oil over the top. You want the broccoli to be coated, but not saturated with oil.
- Next, season with salt and pepper. If you want to add a little extra flavor, you could add a little garlic powder or onion powder here too. Sprinkle your seasonings liberally over the top of your broccoli to ensure that the flavors are evenly distributed.
- Then, use a spoon to gently toss the broccoli in the oil and spices, making sure that every piece of the broccoli is lightly coated.
- Finally, add the broccoli to the basket of your air fryer and cook to your desired texture. In no time at all you'll have a healthy and savory side dish to add to your meal!
Here's a great cooking tip: Halfway through the cook time, pull out your air fryer basket and shake it a bit to turn the broccoli and allow it to cook evenly.
How Long to Cook Broccoli in the Air Fryer
The cook time for your air fryer broccoli depends on the texture that you want to achieve.
Here are some recommendations:
For broccoli that is crisp on the outside, tender on the inside: Cook for 10 minutes at 300 degrees F.
For broccoli that is more tender: Reduce the cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
For broccoli that has a roasted finish: Add 1-2 minutes to the cooking time.
Is frying broccoli healthy?
This broccoli air fryer recipe is very nutritious!
One of the great things about air fryers is that you only need a small amount of oil to cook just about anything in them!
Therefore, you'll use a fraction of the fat that you might use when preparing broccoli another way.
Additionally, air frying broccoli helps to retain more nutrients than boiling or steaming broccoli.
When you boil veggies, up to 25% of the vitamins can be lost in the water!
Since broccoli is a great source of Vitamins A & C and Calcium, you'll want to ensure that you're getting as much of those good nutrients as possible.
Air frying your broccoli allows the broccoli to retain most of those vitamins, so you'll know that you're getting as much of that healthy green goodness as you possibly can get!
Whole 30 Air Fryer Broccoli
We often get a lot of questions, if our recipes are Whole 30 compliant. Some of our recipes are Whole 30 Air Fryer Recipes and some do not fit that category.
This Whole 30 Air Fryer Broccoli is compliant with the typical recommendations.
The whole 30 way of eating emphasizes whole foods and the elimination of sugar, alcohol, grains, legumes, soy, and dairy.
More Air Fryer veggie Side Dish Recipes to Enjoy!
We have so many air fryer recipes to choose from!
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven.
If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
Convert your oven recipes to air fryer recipes using our Air Fryer Calculator!
We also have several Air Fryer Facebook Groups that you can join (see below for links).
You can find that Veg Air Fryer FB Group here.
This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
Air Fryer Calculator (convert oven recipes to air fryer)
More Air Fryer Goodies:
Air Fryer Recipes – Facebook Group (large + fast paced – meat/veg)
Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors – Facebook Group
Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes – Facebook Group
Air Fryer Eats – Facebook Group (slower paced)
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
If you have tried this Whole 30 Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe, we'd love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below and tell us how you seasoned your Whole 30 Air Fryer Broccoli!
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air fryer
- To make your air fryer broccoli, gently toss the cut broccoli florets with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place broccoli into air fryer basket.
- Turn the air fryer to 300 degrees F for 10 minutes. Shake air fryer basket after 5 minutes.
- ENJOY your air fryer broccoli!
- If you like more of a roasted type of broccoli, you can cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- If you prefer a more tender broccoli, you can cook for 1-2 minutes less.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.