Air Fryer Lumpia are deliciously crispy Filipino spring rolls filled with a flavorful mixture of ground pork and vegetables.
Lumpia are easy to make with the right ingredients and made in the air fryer so they're healthier and much less messy to cook!
Air Fryer Lumpia Recipe
If you know lumpia already, then you understand how amazing these crispy spring rolls are!
The super thin wrappers hold so much deliciousness inside, and they're perfect when dipped in sweet and sour sauce or a simple lumpia sauce made with soy sauce and garlic.
This homemade Air Fryer Lumpia recipe is the same classic pork and cabbage stuffed recipe, but instead of cooking in inches of oil, we're going to cook them in the air fryer in just a few minutes.
As usual, this air fryer cooking method greatly reduces the amount of oil needed to fry lumpia, so they're healthier for you, and they come out perfectly crispy!
Otherwise, let's get started with this recipe for homemade lumpia in the air fryer! Here is everything you need:
Ingredients In Air Fryer Lumpia
Lumpia Wrappers - These thin wrappers can be found in the freezer section near the egg roll wrappers, or at your local Asian supermarket. If you can't find lumpia wrappers, you can use large egg roll wrappers instead.
Ground Pork - This is the classic filling for lumpia, but you can try it with other ground meat too. Turkey or chicken would be good!
Carrot, Onion, and Garlic - These diced fresh vegetatables crate the first layer of flavor for our lumpia filling, sauteed with a bit of olive oil.
Seasonings - Soy sauce, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. You can use low sodium soy sauce if you want to reduce the amount of salt.
Cabbage and Green Onion - These veggies are added in to the mixture towards the end, since they don't take long to cook.
Cooking Oil Spray - In order to make the spring roll wrappers super crispy, you'll want to spray them with oil. I like to use avocado oil spray, but any type of cooking spray will do. You can also put your favorite cooking oil into an oil mister.
If you have any questions about how to make air fryer lumpia, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Follow along with the steps and pictures below:
How to Make Air Fryer Lumpia
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook the diced carrots and onions for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions are softened.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for just 1 minute, stirring often so that the garlic doesn't burn.
- Now add the ground pork and cook, breaking it apart as you do, until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper, shredded cabbage, and sliced green onions to the skillet. Toss to combine and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool briefly.
- Pull out the lumpia wrappers, and cut them in half to form triangles. Place a single wrapper on a flat surface with the top of the triangle (the 90° corner) facing upwards.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the pork mixture to the bottom half of the wrapper. Tuck the side corners in to cover the filling, then roll upwards until you've created a spring roll! Moisten the upper corner with water to seal. Continue the process with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place the lumpia in the air fryer basket, spraying each with cooking spray on all sides. Air fry fresh lumpia at 370°F/190°C for 12 minutes total, flipping the rolls over halfway through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite lumpia dipping sauce!
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for making air fryer lumpia, please see the recipe below.
- Keep the lumpia wrappers frozen until you're ready to use them. Because they're so thin, they'll thaw out as you use them. Be careful removing the first wrapper from the stack - go very slowly so that you don't tear it.
- As the wrappers thaw the dough will get a bit sticky and tacky. All you need is a bit of water to seal the edges of your spring rolls.
- Don't add too much filling to the lumpia. You want the rolls to be small so that they cook fully in 12 minutes in the air fryer.
- Your homemade lumpia should be perfectly browned and crispy after 12 minutes, but if they aren't, just add another minute or two until they are! All air fryers cook a little bit differently, so it's a good idea to monitor these as they cook.
- Cook in two batches! It's likely you won't be able to comfortably fit all 16 rolls in the basket at once.
- Lumpia are best when enjoyed right away, but you can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat lumpia in the air fryer at 350°F/170°C for 2-4 minutes, or until warm and crispy again.
How to Cook Frozen Lumpia in the Air Fryer
You can buy frozen lumpia, or you can make this recipe, and keep your lumpia in the freezer until you're ready to cook them!
Add frozen lumpia to the air fryer basket, and spray or brush with oil. Cook at 380°F/190°C for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden and crispy.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Lumpia
Air fryer lumpia make a delicious appetizer or snack, (with a side of sweet and spicy sriracha sauce!) but they also work well as part of a delicious Asian takeout inspired meal!
You can use your air fryer to cook all sorts of tasty meals that you'd normally order out for. You'll save money and be able to control all of the ingredients!
You should also learn how to make frozen dumplings in the air fryer! It's a total game changer, and so much easier than all the other methods.
I saw this recipe for Banana Lumpia (turon) that sounds like a really delicious dessert version of this recipe. I haven't tried it in the air fryer yet, but I think it would work!
If you need a quick dip for your air fryer lumpia, you can use this super simple recipe for vinegar garlic sauce: Mix together 2 tablespoons minced garlic, ½ cup white vinegar, and ¼ cup soy sauce. That's it! Enjoy!
If you can't find lumpia wrappers, use egg roll wrappers or large spring roll wrappers that are meant to be fried. You could also try wonton wrappers and make mini lumpia! You don't want to use the clear rice paper wrappers that are used for making fresh spring rolls in the air fryer.
This pork lumpia recipe is packed with veggies and protein, and can be part of a healthy diet. Making lumpia in the air fryer makes them lower in fat than traditional deep fried spring rolls too.
You can! There are many other ways to stuff lumpia, and if you have your own recipes, or ideas to adjust this one, feel free to air fry any type of lumpia using these instructions.
While there may be recipes available that fill lumpia wrappers with raw meat, I much prefer to cook the filling before adding it. This way I don't need to worry about it!
Pro Air Fryer Tips
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
This recipe was made in a Cosori Air Fryer with a Basket. The recipe should work in other air fryers.
More Homemade Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
Look, the air fryer was made to make frozen appetizers, and we have tons of frozen food instructions here for you! But sometimes, you need to really be in the kitchen and create your own snacks!
Try any of these easy air fryer appetizers made from scratch, or search for more delicious ideas:
Air Fryer Cheese Curds are similar to mozzarella sticks, but made by breading fresh cheddar curds instead. I love these dipped in ranch dressing. Yum!
If you need an easy but sophisticated appetizer, check out how we make Air Fryer Artichokes. Your guests can enjoy peeling off the leaves and dipping them in garlic butter.
Air Fryer Calamari is a favorite for dinners or as a party snack! tender calamari rings come out super crispy with a simple breading.
One of my family's favorites is crispy little Air Fryer Wontons with cream cheese filling!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Lumpia
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or other neutral oil
- ½ cup onion diced
- ½ cup carrot finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup green onion
- 8 lumpia wrappers
- cooking spray oil
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the oil and let heat. Add the onion and carrots to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the onions are softened.
- Add the minced garlic and cook an additional 1 minute, stirring often so that the garlic does not burn.
- Add the pork and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the pork is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper, shredded cabbage, and green onions to the skillet. Toss to combine and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool briefly.
- Cut the lumpia wrappers in half to form triangles. Place a single lumpia triangle wrapper on a flat surface with a pointed end facing upwards.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the pork mixture to the bottom half of the wrapper. Tuck the side corners in to overlap the filling. Roll upwards until you've formed a roll. Moisten the upper corner with water to seal the lumpia roll.
- Place the lumpia in the air fryer basket. Spray each roll with the nonstick cooking spray. Air fry at 370F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Carefully remove the lumpia from the air fryer. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- You can find lumpia wrappers in the freezer section, near egg roll wrappers. If you cannot find lumpia wrappers, you can use egg roll wrappers or spring roll wrappers that are meant to be fried. I do not recommend using rice paper wrappers that are meant for fresh spring rolls.
- Keep the lumpia wrappers frozen until you’re ready to use. The top wrapper will be the hardest to pull off from the stack. Go really slowly so that you don’t rip the wrapper. Start from one corner and slowly peel from there.
- Use some water or egg wash to seal the lumpia wrappers. As the lumpia wrappers defrost, they get tacky so a little bit of water is really all you need to seal them completely.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.