Air Fryer Croutons are the crispiest! With just a few simple spices and a little butter, these homemade croutons are done in less than 10 minutes and are perfect for salads, soups, and more.
Croutons are always around in my house, and these Air Fryer Croutons are the easiest homemade crouton recipe I've tried yet! There's no waiting for the oven to preheat and no constant flipping of bread cubes to get every side evenly browned.
This recipe is super versatile and easy to make gluten-free or vegan depending on what kind of bread and butter you use. The added garlic salt, oregano, parsley, and onion powder take these from ordinary to extraordinary and they're ready in less than 10 minutes, including prep!
Try these Air Fryer Croutons with my Gorgonzola Apple Salad with a homemade dressing that's perfect for fall or dinner parties.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CROUTONS
I didn't have trouble keeping the croutons from flying around the air fryer, but if you do, feel free to weigh them down with a metal trivet!
- First, cut your bread into cubes and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Then, pour the melted butter over the cubes. You may want to pour, stir, and pour more to evenly distribute the butter.
- Now, add the spices to the mixing bowl.
- Next, stir to combine your bread, butter, and seasonings completely.
- Then pour the seasoned bread mixture into the air fryer basket — or onto your air fryer tray!
- Finally, air fry your croutons for 6 to 8 minutes at 400 degrees F — or 204 degrees C — until crunchy. Be sure to stir the croutons once or twice during cooking to keep them from sticking or burning.
What to Serve with Croutons
Croutons are a staple on salads, but they're perfect to add to any dish that needs a little more crunch.
My favorite way to serve croutons is on top of this Creamy White Bean and Tomato Soup to add a little extra crispiness to the soup while the croutons soak up the tomatoey goodness.
Add them to this Kale Quinoa Salad packed with pumpkin seeds, goat cheese, pears, and grapes.
How to Store Homemade Croutons
Homemade croutons are great to make in batches because you can keep them for weeks, depending on how you store them.
Left on your countertop in an airtight container, these Air Fryer Croutons will last about 3 days. If you keep them in the refrigerator, they will last a bit longer, about 5 days. For this method, I recommend keeping them in a paper bag to help absorb the humidity and keep your croutons super crunchy.
You can also freeze them! Frozen, these croutons will last about six weeks. If you portion them into single servings, it's easy to thaw and add to any dish that needs a little crunch!
More Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Sweet Potato Hash in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Stuffing in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Tacos
- Elote in the Air Fryer
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven.
If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
Convert your oven recipes to air fryer recipes using our Air Fryer Calculator!
We also have several Air Fryer Facebook Groups that you can join (see below for links).
You can find that Veg Air Fryer FB Group here.
This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
- Air Fryer Calculator (convert oven recipes to air fryer)
- Common Air Fryer Mistakes
- Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet
- Can You Put Foil in the Air Fryer
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- Tips for Your Air Fryer
- Cosori Air Fryer Reviews
More Air Fryer Goodies:
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Croutons
- Mixing bowl
- Air fryer
- Cut the bread into cubes and set in mixing bowl.
- Pour melted butter over bread cubes.
- Add spices to the mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add bread cube mixture into air fryer basket or onto air fryer tray. Cook at 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes or until crunchy. Stir croutons once or twice during cooking.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.