This comforting Air Fryer Fried Rice is a perfect quick dish you can make with whatever proteins and veggies you have around the house!
We eat a lot of veggies in our house, but sometimes I want something a little heavier and comforting.
This Air Fryer Fried Rice is a great way to clean out your fridge and freezer while making something your whole family will love!
This recipe can also be made to your preferences, so add whatever proteins and vegetables you want and have on hand!
I love to keep this simple with a little scrambled egg and whatever frozen veggies I have that day.
Anything will work in this fried rice!
If you need to keep it gluten free, be sure to use the coconut aminos listed instead of soy sauce.
It gives a similar flavor to the dish without the added gluten!
Looking for another simple Asian dish to make dinner into a theme night? Air Fryer Orange Chicken is easy to make and so tasty!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER FRIED RICE
Air Fryer Fried Rice is a great way to use leftover rice of any kind!
Pictured is white rice, but feel free to use brown rice, black rice, jasmine rice, or even quinoa here!
As long as your grain is already cooked and cooled, you're good to go.
- First, put your cold, cooked rice in a large mixing bowl. Make sure you have room for more ingredients!
- Then, add your frozen veggies. These can be leftovers, a bag of mixed vegetables, or whatever you have on hand! I used carrots, corn, broccoli, and edamame in mine.
- Time for proteins! If you're using eggs or another protein like chicken, shrimp, or beef, add it here! Any eggs should be scrambled, and any meat you're using should be pre-seared and cut into bite size pieces. For shrimp, I would wait and add it during the cook time (maybe 5-10 minutes into the cooking) as you don't want the shrimp to overcook too much.
- Next up, add your coconut aminos and oil to the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly to combine everything together and transfer your rice mixture to an oven-safe container, like a glass or pottery bowl. Some air fryers come with accessories for exactly this!
- Finally, add your oven-save bowl to your air fryer. You can nestle the bowl into an air fryer basket or, if you have an air fryer toaster oven, place the bowl onto one of the racks. Cook your fried rice for about 15 minutes at 360 degrees F. Be sure to stir the rice at least three times during cooking to help it cook evenly as well as keep it from burning.
TIPS FOR AIR FRYER FRIED RICE
If you are on a gluten-free diet or avoiding gluten, be sure to add coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
Made from the fermented sap of coconut palm and sea salt, this salty, savory seasoning is an easy substitution for soy sauce in any recipe.
This recipe is meant to be changed every time you make it, so feel free to switch it up!
Add that ground turkey in your refrigerator that's about to go bad, or add a new batch of vegetables and see how it compares with your other fried rices.
As with all air fryer recipes, be sure to check your food multiple times during the cooking process!
I like to stir my Air Fryer Fried Rice at least 3 times, or once every 5 minutes, during the cooking to make sure everything cooks evenly.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER FRIED RICE
This air fryer side dish is great with any main course, especially anything with Asian flair.
Looking for a new Asian main dish? Try my General Tso's Tofu with all the flavor and spice like your favorite restaurant with a vegan twist!
With the right additional ingredients, this could easily be your main dish, too!
Pack this with proteins and vegetables and make all your dishes combine for a one pot night and easy cleanup!
MORE YUMMY RECIPES
We have so many delicious recipes on both our sites.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Fried Rice
- Mixing bowl
- Oven-safe container
- Air fryer
- Place cold, cooked rice into a large mixing bowl.
- Add your frozen vegetables to the rice.
- If using an egg or other proteins, add to rice.
- Next, add coconut aminos and oil to your bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer rice mixture to an oven-safe container.
- Place that container into air fryer basket or air fryer shelves. Cook for about 15 minutes at 360 degrees F. Stir three times during cook time.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.