Combine Meatless Monday and Taco Tuesday with these delicious and easy Air Fryer Mushroom Tacos! Make dinner in a flash with these juicy portobello mushrooms and your favorite toppings!
Mexican-inspired nights are some of my favorites in the kitchen because it's all about the different colors, textures, and tastes!
These Air Fryer Mushroom Tacos are the perfect base for your tacos because the hearty, earthy portobello mushroom flavor is complimented by crunchy red cabbage, acidic pineapple salsa, and creamy guacamole!
Above all, the beauty of taco night is the array of toppings!
I've made suggestions with my favorite toppings for these mushroom tacos, but use your favs!
Similarly, aim for a crunchy element, an acidic element and a creamy element!
Need more Taco Tuesday inspiration?
Try our Black Bean and Guacamole Tacos for a simple vegan taco, these Air Fryer Cauliflower Tacos for a handheld meal with extra crunch, or this Chili Lime Taco recipe for a little more spice.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER MUSHROOM TACOS
You only need four staple ingredients to make these delicious Air Fryer Mushroom Tacos!
After that, the toppings are your call.
Got an army to feed? Then let everyone build their own tacos!
- Clean mushroom caps thoroughly under slowly running water. Be sure to remove all the dirt from the caps and stems.
- Put mushroom caps in a small bowl and add oil.
- After that, add coconut aminos and garlic salt to the mushrooms. Move the bowl around and make sure the caps are coated evenly!
- Add mushrooms to your air fryer basket and cook about 10 minutes, topside down, at 350 degrees (or 180 degrees C!). Flip mushrooms with about 2 minutes left to cook.
- Time for toppings! First, lay your tortillas flat.
- Next, add the red cabbage to your tortilla.
- Then, place mushroom slices over the red cabbage.
- Top the mushrooms with guacamole.
- Finally, top everything with pineapple salsa.
MORE WAYS TO SERVE AIR FRYER MUSHROOM TACOS
Love the idea but on a low-carb or keto diet? Turn your taco into a bowl!
For instance, add brown rice and black beans to the base and top with mushrooms, red cabbage, pineapple salsa, and guacamole.
Looking for an extra kick? Add some jalapeños or hot sauce to the mix!
THE BEST VEGETARIAN TACO TOPPINGS
Loving this recipe idea but don't have any of the toppings?
No sweat! After all, the beauty of a taco is anything goes — literally.
No pineapple but looking for some acidity?
Try a salsa fresca with tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice!
Fresh out of cabbage? Lettuce, spinach, or any leafy green you'd eat in a raw salad works for some crunch here, too.
Looking for a larger portion? Add some sautéed bell peppers and onions for more veggies or some black beans for extra protein.
YUMMY AIR FRYER RECIPES
Looking for more yummy air fryer recipes to try? We have got you covered!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Mushroom Tacos
- Small bowl
- Air fryer
- 8 tortillas
- red cabbage
- pineapple salsa
- Clean mushrooms under slowly running water. Gently rub to remove dirt from mushroom caps.
- Put mushrooms in a small bowl. Add the coconut aminos, oil, and garlic salt.
- Gently move bowl side to side to help coat the mushrooms with the mixture.
- Add mushrooms to air fryer basket, with the bottom of the mushroom facing up.
- Cook mushroom caps for about 9 to 11 minutes at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Flip caps with about 2 minutes remaining in the cook time.
- Remove mushrooms from the air fryer and let stand at least 2 minutes before slicing into long pieces.
- Divide mushrooms between tortilla shells and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.