Is there anything more crave-worthy than a hot, crispy, juicy batch of fried pickles? These easy Air Fryer Pickles require only 3 ingredients and take less than 10 minutes to cook.
Air Fryer Pickles are a MEGA easy recipe that takes less time to make than the wait to get fried pickles at your favorite recipe! With only 3 simple ingredients and 10 minutes on your hands, you'll have a plate of the most mouthwatering fried pickle chips ready to be dipped into your favorite sauce and devoured!
What type of pickles are best for frying?
You can technically use whichever type of pickles you prefer for this pickle recipe. Hamburger dill pickle chips are a great option, as they're not too sweet or sour and taste great with panko breading.
One 32 ounce jar of pickle rounds will yield roughly six servings of air fried pickles. You can also use homemade pickles for this recipe. I recommend slicing your pickles into quarter-inch rounds in that case.
How to Make Fried Pickles in Air Fryer
- Place pickle rounds between two paper towels and pat dry. In a small bowl, beat the egg and add the panko bread crumbs to another bowl.
- Dip the pickle chips in the scrambled egg.
- Place the pickle rounds into the panko bread crumbs, coating both sides evenly.
- Place the breaded pickle chips into your air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry as directed by the recipe.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Don't crowd the pan! Be sure to spread your breaded pickles in a single layer in your air fryer basket, making sure that they aren't stacked upon one another. This will help your air fryer pickles cook to a super crispy finish.
- To get the crispiest fried pickle coating, set your air fryer to a high temperature for frying. 8 minutes at 400 degrees is ideal.
- Flip the pickles halfway through cooking to ensure that they crisp on both sides.
- This recipe is super easy and isn't an exact science. If you find that you're running out of beaten egg or panko while breading your pickle chips, just add more!
- You can make your air fried pickle chips gluten-free by using your favorite brand of gluten-free bread crumbs.
Dipping Sauce for Fried Pickles
There are lots of yummy dipping sauces to serve along with your fried pickle chips! Try some of these options!
- Ranch dressing
- BBQ Ranch Sauce
- Cajun sauce - mix together mayo, ketchup, and cajun seasoning
- Sour cream
- Zesty horseradish sauce - combine mayo, sour cream, horseradish, a pinch of sugar, and salt & pepper to taste
Try these other restaurant-style air fryer appetizers that you can make at home in no time!
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
Are you gluten-free? Me too! We also have a sister site where EVERYTHING is gluten-free. It is called VegetarianMamma. You can find some awesome dishes there for your Meatless Mondays! Always be sure to read ingredient labels to make sure that the product/ingredients fits your dietary restrictions!
Generally, we make simple enough recipes where you can sub the ingredients. Common subs in our recipes include: Bread = Canyon Bakehouse Bread Crumbs = Ian's GF Bread Crumbs Flour = GF Jules All Purpose GF Flour.
Because our household is mixed between gluten and gluten-free, we have made almost everything on our site both ways. (except some of the frozen foods). If you have any questions, please ask!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers! Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes. Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Pickles
- Air fryer
- 32 oz pickle slices
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Remove the pickle rounds from the jar and drain the liquid. Place the pickle rounds between two paper towels. Pat to remove moisture.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg.
- In another bowl, pour in the panko bread crumbs.
- Dip the pickles one at a time into the egg mixture, then into the panko bread crumbs to coat. Make sure to coat both sides of each pickle slice with the bread crumbs.
- Place the pickle chips into a single layer in your air fryer.
- Fry at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, flipping the pickle slices with a pair of tongs or a fork halfway through cooking.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
- I used a gluten-free panko bread crumb mixture to meet my dietary restrictions. I specifically used Ian's brand gluten-free Italian seasoned panko and it was delicious. Use whatever panko bread crumbs fit your needs and your taste.
- Run out of egg and panko bread crumbs in your bowl? Just add more. This recipe is super easy!
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.