Air fryer turkey bacon is so easy to make, you'll be amazed. Turkey bacon comes out crispy and perfect in your air fryer in less than 10 minutes.
TURKEY BACON IN AIR FRYER
We've shown you how to make bacon in the air fryer, and have had a lot of requests to also show you how to make turkey bacon too.
Good news, it's super easy! In about ten minutes you'll have perfectly crispy turkey bacon ready to serve with your favorite breakfast dishes.
Anytime I've cooked turkey bacon on the stove it's been a fairly messy event. Fat splatters all over and I have to stand at the stove and attend to cooking bacon the entire time.
In the Air Fryer, that mess is contained in the unit, and I can set it and walk away.
Turkey bacon is a healthier bacon option as it's lower in fat than traditional pork bacon. Perfect as a side dish for breakfast or added to sandwiches.
INGREDIENTS IN AIR FRYER TURKEY BACON
Turkey Bacon - For this recipe, all you need is your favorite turkey bacon. I like this uncured style, but this recipe will work with any type of uncooked turkey bacon.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY BACON IN AIR FRYER
- Place turkey bacon into air fryer basket or tray. Try not to overlap the slices too much.
- Air fry as directed in the recipe card below.
- Flip each slice of bacon over and continue cooking as directed, until the bacon is as crispy as you like it.
- Enjoy your air fryer turkey bacon!
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH TURKEY BACON IN AIR FRYER
Bacon is so good with breakfast, you can serve it with just about any other breakfast food.
Try Air Fryer French Toast for a sweet breakfast treat.
HOW MUCH BACON WILL FIT IN MY AIR FRYER?
This is going to vary depending on the size of your air fryer.
I'm able to cook six slices at a time in my Cosori air fryer. Sometimes I will do a second batch if I need more bacon.
Keep in mind that your second batch will cook more quickly because your air fryer is already hot. Make sure to watch it.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY BACON CRISPY
I've found that turkey bacon, like regular bacon, has a particular sweet spot where it's perfectly crispy. Anything more than that and it might start to burn.
The trick to really excellent, crispy turkey bacon is to watch it carefully, especially the first time you make it.
You'll figure out exactly how long to cook it in your particular air fryer. Then when you make it the next time it will be perfect and you won't need to watch it so much.
SMOKE WHEN MAKING BACON IN THE AIR FRYER?
Sometimes when you cook things that are high in fat in the air fryer, that fat can drip to the bottom and start to burn. There are few ways that you can stop this if it happens to you.
Add a slice of bread to the bottom of your air fryer to soak up the grease.
Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper or foil. Be sure to put some holes in paper or foil to allow air flow.
You can buy parchment sheets already cut to fit in the air fryer basket!
MORE YUMMY AIR FRYER RECIPES
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are crispy and delicious for a weeknight dinner.
Make Air Fryer Brats with peppers and onions for a taste of summertime any time.
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are so easy to make, and would be great with a slice or two of bacon on top.
Want to make bacon in your Ninja Foodi Air Fryer?
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- 1 package Turkey Bacon
- Place turkey bacon into air fryer basket or tray. Try not to overlap too much.
- Air Fry at 360F/182C for 5 minutes.
- Flip each bacon slice over and return to air fryer. Continue cooking at the same temperature for 5 for minutes or until bacon is cooked through to your desired state.
- Enjoy your bacon!
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- If you cook more than one batch the second batch will cook in about half the time because the air fryer is hot. Watch it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.