Air Fryer Gingerbread Bites are fluffy crescent rolls filled with gooey cream cheese and covered in holiday seasonings. Perfect for a Christmas dessert or a quick vegetarian snack — even a breakfast treat!
AIR FRYER GINGERBREAD BITES RECIPE
I don't eat a lot of sweets throughout the year, but I love all things sugar from October through New Year's Day. These Air Fryer Gingerbread Bites are like holiday monkey bread stuffed with sweet cream cheese for one great bite.
The secret to this gingerbread flavor is in the spices: ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, and cloves. A little bit of each of these seasonings goes a long way, but this combination is perfect.
If you love crescent rolls, you'll love these Air Fried Oreos! Less calories than the traditional version and naturally vegan, too.
INGREDIENTS IN AIR FRYER GINGERBREAD BITES
- Crescent rolls: This easy pastry in a can is so versatile and usually vegan! I use these in so many recipes.
- Sugar: The sugar gives this a little extra sweetness. You can skip the extra tablespoon in the filling if you want it a little more savory.
- Cream cheese: This soft cheese is such a great surprise inside the Air Fryer Gingerbread Bites.
- Ginger: This is the key to your gingerbread seasoning! It's sweet, peppery, and a little floral with just a touch of citrus.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon brings its sweet, woody flavor and helps mellow the other seasonings a bit.
- Allspice: This seasoning is actually from a berry and is the perfect complement to cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. In a pinch, you can skip this seasoning, but it's worth the addition!
- Nutmeg: This is a spice I've learned to appreciate over time. I like to buy whole nutmeg and grate it fresh with a microplaner.
- Cardamom: Cardamom has a lemony and light taste but brings out the sweet and savory in the Gingerbread Bites.
- Cloves: A little goes a long way with cloves! That pungent warm spice has an intense flavor, aroma, and even a little heat.
If you have any questions, leave me a comment below and I'll get back to you! 🙂
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER GINGERBREAD BITES
The holidays are quickly approaching, and these cream cheese-filled Gingerbread Bites are the perfect treat for a small gathering. If you need to double or triple the recipe, make sure to cook these in batches!
- First, mix all your spices and most of the sugar in a medium bowl. We'll come back to this.
- Then, mix your cream cheese with a little sugar.
- Now, unroll your crescent dough and separate the triangles. Put a dab of cream cheese on the wide side of the dough.
- Next, gently fold your crescent rolls around the cream cheese completely and pat into discs. Dip your bites into the seasonings bowl, gently pressing each side into the mix.
- Once coated, put the bites in your air fryer basket — or air fryer tray! — with some parchment paper and bake as directed.
- Once the bites are golden brown, remove and serve!
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see full recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER GINGERBREAD BITES
I love the holiday season, from Thanksgiving through Hannukah and Christmas and all the way to New Year's Day. This year, things will look different for all of us, and planning for a small Christmas dinner is easier said than done.
Skip the whole bird this year and make a simple Air Fryer Turkey Breast. You'll still satisfy the turkey craving without all the fuss for just a few people!
Want a different take on the traditional stuffing? Try this Gluten Free Mushroom Stuffing packed with veggies.
Combine two side dishes into one with this Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts, all cooked on one baking sheet!
DO I HAVE TO USE CREAM CHEESE?
You can definitely make this recipe with just crescent rolls and seasoning, but I love the extra creaminess inside.
If you don't want to use cream cheese, try ricotta or mascarpone cheese! You could also use whipped cream, but it could evaporate more inside than a soft cheese.
WHAT OTHER SEASONINGS CAN I USE?
I love this dish year-round and don't always make it with gingerbread seasoning!
This Air Fryer Gingerbread Bites recipe would also work amazingly with a little cinnamon sugar or pumpkin pie spice. Whatever seasonings you add, I recommend mixing in a little sugar to balance and bring the extra sweetness.
MORE YUMMY AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cupcakes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Pumpkin Seeds in an Air Fryer
Convert your oven recipes to air fryer recipes using our Air Fryer Calculator!
We also have several Air Fryer Facebook Groups that you can join (see below for links).
You can find that Veg Air Fryer FB Group here.
This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
- Air Fryer Calculator (convert oven recipes to air fryer)
- Common Air Fryer Mistakes
- Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet
- Can You Put Foil in the Air Fryer
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- Tips for Your Air Fryer
- Cosori Air Fryer Reviews
More Air Fryer Goodies:
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Gingerbread Bites
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- Air fryer
- Mix together all spices plus ½ cup sugar in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Put the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and softened cream cheese in small bowl. Use a fork to mash cream cheese to combine.
- Unroll crescent dough. Put about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on large end of crescent triangles.
- Gently fold crescent dough to cover cream cheese. Gently press round disc shape between your hands. Dip bites into spice mixture and press on both sides.
- Place bites into air fryer basket for 8 to 9 minutes at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Remove and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.