This simple yet delicious Air Fryer Asparagus recipe takes three ingredients from prep time to dinner time in 10 minutes.
AIR FRYER ASPARAGUS RECIPE
Asparagus is the perfect spring vegetable and this Air Fryer Asparagus recipe makes oven roasting feel archaic.
A small drizzle of oil, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and a dash of lemon juice make this quick family side a healthy option every morning, noon or night.
While a bit of oil is important to get the asparagus crispy in the air fryer, any cooking oil would work here.
Give your basket a shake before you put it in the air fryer to make sure nothing is sticking.
Try this tasty dish alongside my Air Fryer Salmon or Air Fryer Spaghetti and Meatballs.
How to make Air Fryer Asparagus
This simple Air Fryer Asparagus is so quick, you won't notice you cooked!
- Wash asparagus to remove any dirt and debris from the stalks.
- Trim the ends off the asparagus.
- Put trimmed asparagus in air fryer basket. Spray asparagus with a spritz of oil and season with salt and pepper before cooking at 400 degrees for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drizzle cooked asparagus with lemon and serve!
Whole 30 Air Fryer Asparagus
We often get a lot of questions, if our recipes are Whole 30 compliant. Some of our recipes are Whole 30 Air Fryer Recipes and some do not fit that category.
This Whole 30 Air Fryer Asparagus is compliant with the typical recommendations.
The whole 30 way of eating emphasizes whole foods and the elimination of sugar, alcohol, grains, legumes, soy, and dairy.
Where to trim Asparagus
The base of an asparagus stalk is woody and fibrous – the opposite of delicious. Trim the stalks where the green begins to fade to white.
Want to dirty less dishes?
Simply grasp the bottom of the stalk and bend until it snaps! No knife needed.
How to save fresh asparagus
This recipe can be made with fresh or frozen asparagus, but sometimes I buy a bunch of asparagus to cook over a few weeks.
Asparagus can stay fresh in the refrigerator up to two weeks with a little water, a little plastic and a glass.
- Trim off a bit of the asparagus stems, but not as much as you'd trim before cooking.
- Add a couple inches of water to glass or jar.
- Place asparagus upright, with the base in the water.
- Loosely cover asparagus tips with plastic bag or plastic wrap. Keep in fridge for up to two weeks.
More Yummy Air Fryer Recipes to Try
We have so many air fryer recipes to choose from!
If you are having trouble figuring out which one to try next, we suggest: Air Fryer Zucchini Chips, Air Fryer Salmon, Air Fryer Baked Potato, Air Fryer Pickles and Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Wanting to make asparagus but not in the air fryer? Check out How To Cook Asparagus to learn a few ways other than your air fryer, that you can prepare asparagus!
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error-process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
We truly hope that you enjoy this Vegan and Whole 30 Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe! If you have any questions, please let us know!
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 lb. asparagus
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash asparagus to remove any dirt and debris. Trim the ends.
- Place asparagus in air fryer basket. Spray asparagus with a spritz of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook asparagus at 400F (204C) degrees for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drizzle cooked asparagus with lemon. Enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.