Making frozen hamburgers in the air fryer is very easy. The air fryer burgers cook quickly and evenly each and every time.
Air fryers are simply revolutionizing the way that we cook in our kitchens.
There are times when we don't have time to thaw out the burgers before we toss them in the air fryer.
That is okay! You can air fry frozen burgers!
CAN YOU COOK A FROZEN HAMBURGER IN AN AIR FRYER
Yes, you can cook a frozen hamburger in an air fryer.
This is a question we see almost daily in our air fryer facebook group!
Whether you cook your burger in the frozen or fresh form, it comes out consistently juicy and delicious when made in the air fryer.
I appreciate the consistency of how the air fryer cooks.
You can cook thin or thick burgers in your air fryer.
You may need to adjust the time depending on the size and thickness of your burger. It is best to use a meat thermometer.
How to make Frozen Hamburgers in Air Fryer
Place your hamburger patty into the basket/tray of your air fryer.
Cook your air fryer burger for 8-10 minutes at 350F/176C. At the 5 minute mark (halfway through cooking your hamburger), flip the patty over to ensure that it will cook evenly.
When the air fryer is done cooking, you can add a slice of cheese and continue cooking for 1 minutes at 350 degrees F to melt the cheese. (optional)
Remove the hamburger from the air fryer basket and place onto bun.
Add desired toppings, and enjoy!
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK A FROZEN HAMBURGER PATTY IN AN AIR FRYER?
The average sized frozen burger patty will take about 10 minutes to cook.
Cook time will depend on the size of patty you have and how you like your meat cooked.
ARE AIR FRYER BURGERS KETO?
It depends on the burger.
You need to check the ingredient labels of all burgers you purchase or all ingredients you purchase to make your burgers.
Always, always read the labels to confirm it fits your dietary needs. If you are gluten-free, I suggest that you try this Gluten Free Bread with your air fried hamburger!
WHY DOES MY AIR FRYER SMOKE?
If your air fryer smokes while you are cooking a food where the grease drains, like hamburgers or bacon, you might add a tablespoon or two of water to the inner basket.
Other readers have suggested putting a piece of bread between the air fryer baskets to catch the grease.
Wondering. how to cook thawed hamburgers?
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
How to make Frozen Hamburgers in Air Fryer
- 2 burger patties frozen
- Place your hamburger patty into the basket/tray of your air fryer.
- Cook your air fryer burger for 8-10 minutes at 350F/176C. At the 5 minute mark (halfway through cooking your hamburger), flip the patty over to ensure that it will cook evenly. Burger is done when it reaches an internal temp fo 165F. You may need to adjust the time.
- When the air fryer is done cooking, you can add a slice of cheese and continue cooking for 1 minutes at 350 degrees F to melt the cheese. (optional)
- Remove the hamburger from the air fryer basket and place onto bun.Add desired toppings, and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Wondering how you can convert your favorite oven recipes to air fryer recipes? We have an Oven to air fryer conversion calculator or what we like to call an air fryer calculator. It will help you with a starting temperature and cooking time for your favorite oven recipes. Start with the time/temp the air fryer calculator gives you and then check the food as you go and adjust. Be sure to write down the final time so you remember!
If you are looking for basic Air fryer cooking times we have those too! We even has a downloadable (free) cheat sheet for you. Get the sheet here: Air fryer cooking timesNeeding more air fryer recipes? Here are some ideas to get you started! Air fryer hot pocket, Turkey bacon in air fryer, Frozen corn dogs in air fryer, Air fryer hamburger patties, Air fryer chicken tenders no breading, Air fryer lamb chops ,Air fryer plantains, Air fryer calamari and Air fryer turkey meatballs.
A HUGE thank you for my friend Chrystal for shooting the stacked patty picture. She is an amazing friend and does amazing work. She writes at https://www.glutenfreepalate.com/ and https://www.fourscoreliving.com/. You have GOT to check out the wonderfully creative and delicious recipes she shares!