Air Fryer Monkey Bread is the perfect sweet breakfast treat in a snap! Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, it's the best way to start the weekend or a family holiday.
My sweet tooth can't be tamed, and sometimes I need a little extra sugar with my coffee to start the day. Air Fryer Monkey Bread lets me whip up a dish that's part breakfast, part dessert in less than half an hour!
This is one of my favorite things to make on Thanksgiving morning. It's quick and easy and my family can snack on it throughout breakfast and brunch time until we're ready for the big afternoon feast! This recipe saves my baking dishes for the casseroles and side dishes and lets me use my beloved air fryer.
How to Make Air Fryer Monkey Bread
- Start by gathering your ingredients! I use store-bought biscuit dough, but you could make your own. Open your biscuits and mix your sugar and cinnamon. You'll need brown sugar and melted butter, too!
- Then, cut the biscuits into quarters.
- Roll the dough into balls and coat with the cinnamon sugar.
- Spray your air fryer pot (or any oven-safe dish that will fit in your basket!) with a neutral oil and add the dough balls. Unlike most air fryer recipes, no need to keep the balls separated!
- Next, mix the melted butter and sugar together and pour over the dough. Air fry the monkey bread for about 20 minutes at 320 degrees F (or 160 degrees C!).
- Rest the monkey bread for about 5 minutes before turning the pot over to release the bread onto a plate. Serve warm and enjoy!
How to Store Leftovers
While some say leaving monkey bread leftovers on the counter is safe, I err on the side of caution and stick to the fridge or the freezer.
You're safe in the fridge if you're going to eat your leftovers within the week. If you want to freeze your baked monkey bread, it will last up to 3 months in the freezer!
If you freeze your bread, thaw it overnight in the fridge before you plan to reheat it.
How to Reheat
Reheating bread is tricky, because you don't want it to get too hard on the inside or lose its crunch on the outside.
Skip the microwave and use your oven for this one! Wrap your leftover monkey bread in aluminum foil and reheat for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Vegetarian Air Fryer Resources – We have a vegetarian air fryer newsletter, which you can subscribe to here. We also have a specific vegetarian air fryer recipes group on facebook. You can find that Veg Air Fryer FB Group here.
If you are looking for vegetarian recipes beyond air fryer ones, we have a Vegetarian Newsletter as well as a Vegetarian Recipes facebook group. This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
- Air Fryer Calculator (convert oven recipes to air fryer)
- Common Air Fryer Mistakes
- Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet
- Can You Put Foil in the Air Fryer
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- Tips for Your Air Fryer
- Cosori Air Fryer Reviews
More Air Fryer Goodies:
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers! Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes. Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
For more delicious recipes, try these:
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Apple Crisp
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Raspberry French Toast Bake
- Homemade Gluten-Free Granola
- Air Fryer Cupcakes
Air Fryer Monkey Bread
- Air fryer
- Unwrap the biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into quarters. Take each piece and roll it into a ball. Place balls in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the melted butter and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Mix the white sugar and cinnamon together. Pour over dough and stir to combine.
- Use a spray oil to coat the inside of the air fryer pot or oven-safe dish. Put dough mixture into pot.
- Pour the melted butter and brown sugar mixture over the top of the dough mixture.
- Air fry at 320 degrees F or 160 degrees C for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Carefully, turn out the monkey bread upside down onto a plate and serve.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.