Air Fryer Taquitos are super crunchy rolled tacos ready in just 20 minutes. Perfect with or without meat and any dipping sauce!
Taco Tuesday is almost every day in my kitchen, and these Air Fryer Taquitos are a perfect hand-rolled option that's extra crunchy and super simple!
These soft tortillas are stuffed with ground beef — or a meat alternative! — onions and cheese and can be topped with any of your favorites!
Dip these in guacamole, sour cream, or my tangy Pineapple Salsa!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER TAQUITOS
There's no occasion where these taquitos aren't great! You can serve these as an appetizer, main dish, or alongside other tacos, burritos, or quesadillas!
- First, warm up your skillet and oil to medium-high heat and sauté ground beef and diced onion.
- Next, add all the spices to the skillet with your meat and onions and sauté another 2 minutes. Make sure your meat is completely cooked by this point!
- Then, add your shredded cheese and mix together. It will melt in the air fryer, so no need to continue sautéing.
- Once mixed together, spoon your beef and cheese mixture into the tortillas. I like to heat them in a damp paper towel in the microwave for about 30 seconds to help soften them before we roll.
- Now, roll the tortillas and place them into your air fryer basket — or on the air fryer tray — with the seam-side down to keep the from unrolling during cooking.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes. You can spray the tops with oil for extra crispy taquitos. Serve warm and enjoy!
How to Make Ahead
This is one of those amazing make-ahead recipes that can save you on dinner party night!
Follow the steps until you roll the tortillas and stop. Place them seam-side down on a baking tray or plate and refrigerate covered until ready to heat. Let them come to room temperature briefly before cooking.
I like to keep these Air Fryer Taquitos simple with onions, cheese, and beef with a few diced tomatoes and cilantro on top, but the beauty of this recipe is it can be made so many ways!
If you don't want to use beef, you can substitute ground pork, ground turkey, or no meat at all! This recipe also works great with a plant-based meat alternative or refried beans!
I tend to dip my taquitos instead of covering them with sauce to preserve the super crunchy shell. You can dip these in sour cream, guacamole, cheese dip, bean dip, salsa, or even ranch dressing!
MORE AMAZING Mexican-Inspired RECIPES
- Air Fryer Mushroom Tacos
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
- Air Fryer Enchiladas
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer Elote
- Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burritos
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
Convert your oven recipes to air fryer recipes using our Air Fryer Calculator!
Vegetarian Air Fryer Resources – We have a vegetarian air fryer newsletter, which you can subscribe to here. We also have a specific vegetarian air fryer recipes group on facebook. You can find that Veg Air Fryer FB Group here.
If you are looking for vegetarian recipes beyond air fryer ones, we have a Vegetarian Newsletter as well as a Vegetarian Recipes facebook group. This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
- Air Fryer Calculator (convert oven recipes to air fryer)
- Common Air Fryer Mistakes
- Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet
- Can You Put Foil in the Air Fryer
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- Tips for Your Air Fryer
- Cosori Air Fryer Reviews
More Air Fryer Goodies:
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers! Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes. Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Taquitos
- Air fryer
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion
- 12 ounces ground beef or plant-based meat alternative
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup broth or water
- ½ cup cheese or vegan cheese
- 8 to 10 tortillas
- Tomatoes diced, for garnish, optional
- Guacamole for dipping, optional
- Sour cream for dipping, optional
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the ground beef or plant-based alternative with the onions.
- Add in all spices and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add cheese to skillet mixture. Stir to combine.
- Scoop skillet mixture into tortillas. Roll and place into air fryer basket seam-side down.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes. Optional: Spray tortilla tops with oil to help crisp.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.