Tater Tot and Egg Cups in the Air Fryer couldn't be easier! Make a quick protein-packed on-the-go breakfast with melted cheese and crunchy tater tots under fluffy scrambled eggs.
I try to eat meat as little as possible, and these Air Fryer Tater Tot and Egg Cups are the perfect vegetarian breakfast!
This recipe is super easy to modify whether you're feeding just you or a whole crowd and are mostly hands-off.
All you need are eggs, tater tots (frozen is fine!), and cheese! I also use silicone muffin holders because they fit easily into the air fryer basket.
If you have an air fryer toaster oven, you can also use a conventional muffin tin if it fits.
Make an entire Air Fryer breakfast with this super simple Air Fryer Bacon!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER TATER TOT AND EGG CUPS
These scrambled egg cups in the air fryer are a breeze! I use Mexican blend shredded cheese for mine, but any cheese will work!
- First, divide your tater tots between the silicone muffin holders, about 3 per cup. Put them in your air fryer basket — or on your air fryer tray! — and cook at 400 degrees F for about 6 minutes.
- Then, carefully use the back of a spoon to mash the tater tots into the holders like a crust or base. Once mashed, cook for another 6 minutes
- Next, divide the cheese between the cups.
- Now, whisk your eggs in a pourable bowl or measuring glass and pour into muffin holders. Try to get the same amount in each cup, but this will never be quite exact! You can add seasonings to your whisked eggs or at the end.
- Air fry the egg cups for another 5 minutes or until the eggs have set! Add another minute if still not ready.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy!
How to Freeze Egg Cups
You can refrigerate these Air Fryer Tater Tot and Egg Cups for up to 3 days in an airtight container, or you can freeze them!
Once cooked, allow the cups to cool to room temperature. Then, put them on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze a couple hours until somewhat solid.
After that, you can move them to a freezer-safe ziplock bag or storage container for up to 2 months!
How to Reheat
If your egg cups are refrigerated, microwave them for about 20 seconds or pop them back in the air fryer for about a minute.
If the cups are frozen, you can thaw them overnight in the fridge before reheating or you can microwave frozen cups about 90 seconds or air fry them for a couple minutes!
Once the top of the cup springs back slightly and the bottom feels warm, they should be reheated throughout.
MORE AMAZING VEGETARIAN RECIPES
If you love making vegetarian recipes in your air fryer, you need to try Tofu Scramble, Air Fryer Monkey Bread, Egg and Hash Brown Casserole, Air Fryer Zucchini Boats, Tofu Bacon and Air Fryer Stuffing
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven.
If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Tater Tot and Egg Cups
- Silicone muffin holders
- Air fryer
- 18 tater tots
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Divide tater tots into 6 silicone muffin holders. Place holders into air fryer basket and air fry for 6 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Carefully use the back of a spook or fork to mash the tots into the silicone holders. Cook another 6 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Equally divide cheese between holders.
- Whisk eggs in a pourable bowl or whisk and transfer eggs to a pitcher. Pour eggs into muffin holders over cooked tots and cheese.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until eggs have set. Serve warm or refrigerate. Enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.