Make a hot, flaky, delicious frozen pot pie in air fryer in half the time that it takes in the oven! A tasty pot pie is the perfect convenient comfort food, and the air fryer makes cooking it quick and easy.
FROZEN POT PIE IN AIR FRYER DIRECTIONS
Air Fryer Frozen pot pies are a delicious convenience meal. By cooking them in the air fryer you'll be saving time and energy.
Best yet, you'll get to enjoy them at their best - hot, crispy, and evenly cooked.
The air fryer was made for cooking frozen foods, and just like these frozen pot pies in the air fryer, many of our favorite meals go directly from the freezer to the air fryer to our plates!
Try making Frozen Meatballs in the Air Fryer, Frozen Popcorn Shrimp in the Air Fryer, or Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli the next time you need a meal or snack ready quickly.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE MAKING FROZEN POT PIE IN THE AIR FRYER
- Better than Microwaving - Microwaved frozen pot pies are fast, but often overcooked, undercooked, or otherwise strangely textured when they're done cooking. This is due to the uneven heating in the microwave. The air fryer cooks with circulating air, so the pot pie is crispy and delicious.
- Faster than Baking - The flavor of a frozen pot pie is usually best when it's baked, but it can take over an hour to cook one! Who has that kind of time to wait for a pot pie to cook? Not me! The air fryer can cook a frozen pot pie in half that time.
- Easy Cooking Method - Frozen pot pies are a great meal option when you're cooking for one. You shouldn't need to heat up the whole kitchen to make a single pot pie! Using the air fryer is just as easy as using the microwave, but with a much better end result.
INGREDIENTS FOR FROZEN POT PIE IN AIR FRYER
Large Frozen Pot Pie - This air fryer recipe is made specifically for a large frozen pot pie that is about 15 ounces. Don't worry, I'll tell you how to cook a smaller pot pie in the air fryer too!
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may be able to cook two small pot pies at one time.
You can make a chicken pot pie in the air fryer, a beef pot pie, or a turkey pot pie.
You can even make veggie pot pie like the one from Amy's.
Frozen Pot Pies from Marie Callender, Banquet, and Blake's will are all delicious. Any flavor or brand of frozen pot pie can be cooked in the air fryer!
Foil - I cover the pot pie with aluminum foil to keep the top crust from getting too browned.
That's it! You don't need any oil or additional seasonings to cook a frozen pot pie in the air fryer.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN POT PIE IN AIR FRYER
- Remove the frozen pot pie from the packaging, but leave it in the foil pan that it comes in. Place the pie in the center of the air fryer basket.
- Cover the pie with foil.
- Air Fry as directed in the recipe below. Plan for about 40 minutes to cook a frozen pot pie of this size in the air fryer: 30 minutes covered, and then 5- 10 minutes uncovered so that the crust browns up perfectly.
- Let the cooked pot pie rest for 5 minutes before serving. This will allow it to cool slightly.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for making a frozen pot pie in the air fryer, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER FROZEN POT PIE
Wondering what side dishes to serve with a frozen chicken pot pie? Use the air fryer to cook these up while the pot pie is cooling down:
Veggies like Air Fried Green Beans or Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts take just a few minutes in the air fryer.
You might also enjoy Balsamic Air Fryer Mushrooms or Air Fryer Zucchini Fries!
HOW LONG TO COOK MARIE CALLENDER POT PIE IN AIR FRYER
Marie Callender pot pies come in multiple sizes.
For the Large Marie Callender pot pies (15-ounce), cook as directed in the recipe card below, for a total of about 40 minutes.
For a small Marie Callendar pot pie, you will need to cook it for about 20-30 minutes in the air fryer.
SHOULD I THAW A FROZEN POT PIE BEFORE AIR FRYING?
No, you should absolutely not thaw the pot pie before cooking. Frozen pot pies are meant to be cooked from frozen, and thawing them would change the texture of the crust, leading to a gooey, mushy mess.
ARE POT PIES ALREADY COOKED?
Not entirely. The items in the pot pie (chicken, potatoes, etc.) are cooked, but the pie crust is packaged raw before the whole thing is frozen.
CAN I AIR FRY A POT PIE MORE QUICKLY?
Rushed for time?
Some have had great success by microwaving the frozen pot pie to partially cook it before transferring it to the air fryer to finish and get that golden brown crust that we're looking for.
Microwave the frozen pot pie for 5 minutes to heat it through (you may need more or less time, depending on the size). Then air fry for 2-3 minutes until the crust is flaky and golden brown.
CAN YOU PUT A PIE TIN IN THE AIR FRYER?
Yes you can! The tins that pot pies come in are generally able to be put in the oven or the microwave, so you can put them in the air fryer too.
You can put any type of bakeware in the air fryer that you would put in your oven!
If your pot pie came in a plastic container that is not designed to go in the oven, you should discard that and place the pie in a small pie tin or pan.
AIR FRYER FROZEN POT PIE COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Be sure to read the full recipe card at the bottom of this page to get all the details!
Here's a quick list of how long you should cook a frozen pot pie in the air fryer based on size:
Large Frozen Pot Pie (15oz) - Air Fry at 360°F/180°C, covered, for 30 minutes, then uncovered at the same temperature for 5-10 minutes.
Small Frozen Pot Pie (7-10oz) - Air Fry at 360°F/180°C, covered, for 15 minutes, then uncovered at the same temperature for 5-10 minutes.
Family Size Frozen Pot Pie (30-45oz) - I do not recommend cooking this size frozen pot pie in the air fryer. Likely a pot pie this size won't fit in your air fryer anyway!
Frozen chicken pot pie (homemade) - I haven't tested this yet, but here's a pie recipe to get you started. I imagine that the process will be mostly the same, but different pies will need different cooking lengths.
This recipe was made in a Cosori Air Fryer with a Basket. The recipe should work in other air fryers.
Keep in mind that each air fryer runs differently, it is important to check your food often.
If you have a Cuisinart Air Fryer Oven or a Ninja Basket Air Fryer, both of these units seem to run "hotter" than most air fryers. That means you will need to LESSEN the cook time.
MORE EASY AIR FRYER RECIPES
Try some of these dinnertime favorites!
I love making frozen foods like pot pies in the air fryer, and it does an amazing job of cooking fresh meats too.
Air Fryer Pork Loin is a delicious and lean cut of meat that cooks up tender and juicy in the air fryer.
If you're looking for a great chicken recipe to cook in the air fryer, try my Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks, or Air Fryer Chicken Breast. There's no breading on either of these tasty recipes!
Seafood like Air Fryer Shrimp or Air Fryer Scallops is a lot easier than you think to make in the air fryer using our easy instructions.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Frozen Pot Pie in Air Fryer
- 1 15 oz. frozen pot pie any flavor
- Remove the pot pie from its outer packaging. Leave in the foil pie tin that comes with the pot pie. Place the pot pie in the air fryer basket.
- Cover the pot pie with foil. This will keep the top of the pie from buring.
- Air fry at 360°F/180°C for 30 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and air fry for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the pot pie is golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C.
- Let sit to cool slightly for 5 minutes before serving.
- Please note that the nutrition values in this recipe card are not accurate. To get the nutritional details for your air fryer pot pie, please refer to the packaging.
- Do not thaw pot pie before cooking it in the air fryer, these instructions will cook it perfectly directly from the freezer.
- Be very careful when removing the pot pie from the air fryer, as both the pie and the foil pan will be very hot.
- The foil cover is optional, but you will find that the top of the pot pie gets very dark if you don't cover it for at least part of the cooking time.
- If your pot pie is smaller than 15 ounces, you will need to adjust the cooking time. The pot pie that Is shown in the images here is a Marie Callender's Large Size pie that can technically serve 2 people.
- To cook a smaller pot pie (7-10 ounces) in the air fryer, cook first for 15 minutes covered with foil, then remove the foil and cook for 10 more minutes. Check for doneness, and continue cooking if needed until the pie reaches an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C.
- If you require a gluten free diet, always make sure that the brand you are buying is GF. This brand is not GF, but there are some that are - so always double check the packaging!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out the Air Fryer Eats Membership! Our membership offers exclusive recipes, meal plans, ebooks, helpful learning videos and more – all completely ad-free!