Mushroom caps marinated in a savory balsamic vinegar mixture come out of the air fryer perfectly cooked and irresistibly delicious in just a few minutes. Balsamic Air Fryer mushrooms will be your go-to side dish from now on!
BALSAMIC AIR FRYER MUSHROOMS RECIPE
These Balsamic Air Fryer Mushrooms are a simple side dish that you can make with only 5 ingredients.
Marinating the mushrooms in a balsamic vinegar and soy sauce combination for just 30 minutes allows them to soak up all of the flavor that you'll want in your mushrooms, so make sure you allow a bit of extra marinating time for this recipe.
Served with a nutritious salad, these mushrooms will make a vegetarian meal all on their own.
INGREDIENTS IN BALSAMIC AIR FRYER MUSHROOMS
Mushrooms - White button mushrooms or brown baby bella mushrooms will work here. Look for mushroom caps between 1 and 2 inches across.
Balsamic Vinegar - This gives this recipe its name and it's deep, rich flavor.
Soy Sauce - Salty and savory, you don't want to leave this out. Sub in Coconut aminos for a soy free option.
Minced Garlic - Garlic is delicious on all kids of vegetables, and mushrooms are no exception!
Italian Seasoning - Generally a mix of dried herbs like basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC AIR FRYER MUSHROOMS
- Wash mushrooms and then remove stems.
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add mushrooms and marinade into a gallon sized baggie and gently shake to cover. Marinate as directed in recipe.
- Place mushrooms into air fryer basket and air fry as directed.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER MUSHROOMS
The great thing about mushrooms is that they are delicious as a side dish for almost any recipe! I love to serve Balsamic Air Fryer Mushrooms with a salad for a vegetarian meal, or serve them along side of a nice steak or pork chop.
TIPS FOR MAKING MUSHROOMS IN THE AIR FRYER
Try to use mushrooms that are all the same size. This will help them to cook evenly. Large mushrooms can be cut in half of quarters if needed.
If your mushrooms are very small, you may need to cut down the cooking time. Check them after 8 minutes to be sure, then cook for 2 more minutes at a time until they are done.
Marinate the mushrooms for at least 30 minutes for the best flavor. You could marinate these for up to 4 hours if you want.
We prefer to remove the stems of the mushrooms before cooking. Sometimes the stems are too chewy for our liking, but you can leave them on if you like them.
MORE AIR FRYER SIDE DISH RECIPES
We have lots of side dish recipes that you can make in the air fryer!
If you love mushrooms and want another recipe for later in the week, try this Spicy Enoki Mushroom Recipe.
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
Balsamic Air Fryer Mushrooms
- 1 lb Mushrooms
- 3 T Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T Soy Sauce
- 1 t Minced Garlic
- ½ t Italian Seasoning
- Wash mushrooms and remove the stems.
- In a small bowl,Mix together the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic, and italian seasoning.
- Combine mushrooms and marinade mixture together in a gallon sized zip top bag. Gently shake to cover. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon mushrooms into air fryer basket or air fryer tray, leaving the marinade in the bag. Air Fry at 400F/204C for 10-12 minutes
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.