Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are a quick and easy healthy side dish! A few basic pantry ingredients turns your fresh zucchini into delicious, crunchy fries.
My kitchen is filled with zucchini most of the year, and I'm always looking for new ways to eat it!
These Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside in just 10 minutes!
I like these because it's a combination of the soft inside of a french fry with the crunchy breading of a mozzarella sticks.
I even usually serve mine with marinara dipping sauce!
Need MORE zucchini recipes? Try my Zucchini Mushroom Pasta! It's a beautiful dish and brings a lot of flavor to your plate!
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- After you cleaned your zucchini, slice them into 1/2-inch sticks. Chop off the ends, but no need to peel!
- Time to prep for the breading! You'll need three bowls here: one for the whisked eggs, one for the flour, and one for the seasoned bread crumbs. To coat the zucchini sticks, first dredge them in flour, then egg, then seasoned bread crumbs. Be gentle!
- Carefully place the coated zucchini sticks in the air fryer basket and spray the basket and sticks generously with oil. Cook these for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F (or 204 degrees C!), flipping and re-spraying halfway through. Be sure to keep an eye on your fries! The times may vary.
- Once cooked, serve with marinara dipping sauce and enjoy!
HOW TO FREEZE
You can definitely freeze these in advance! After dredging through the three bowls, gently place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and freeze sticks separately.
Once frozen, you can transport them to a freezer safe container for up to six months!
When reheating frozen sticks, they can either be thawed and cooked for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F or you can keep them frozen and cook them a few minutes longer, likely 15-20 depending how many and the size of your air fryer!
HOW TO STORE
In the fridge, these will last about 3 to 4 days. The breading will definitely not be as crunchy the next day, so try to make as many as you need for one meal.
Put a paper towel in any container with your leftovers, and use a paper bag if you have one!
The extra material will help absorb some of the humidity to keep the leftover fries as crunchy as you can.
Other Amazing Side Dish Recipes
If you are looking for more side dish ideas or recipes, we have several!
Check out our Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole, Pan-Fried Zucchini, Vegan Mashed Potatoes, How to Cook Air Fryer Potatoes, Air Fryer Zucchini, Fried Green Tomatoes in the Air Fryer and Zucchini Cakes 3 Ways
We also have several Air Fryer Facebook Groups that you can join (see below for links).
You can find that Veg Air Fryer FB Group here.
This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
Air Fryer Calculator (convert oven recipes to air fryer)
More Air Fryer Goodies:
Air Fryer Recipes – Facebook Group (large + fast paced – meat/veg)
Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors – Facebook Group
Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes – Facebook Group
Air Fryer Eats – Facebook Group (slower paced)
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 3 shallow bowls
- Air fryer
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into ½-inch sticks. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them. Set aside.
- Pour the flour into a second, ideally shallow, bowl. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, combine spices and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Coat the zucchini: Dredge the zucchini sticks through the flour, then the egg, then through the bread crumb mixture. Be gentle with the zucchini and pat the bread crumbs on all sides.
- Put the zucchini pieces into the air fryer basket and generously spray with oil. Air fry at 400 degrees F or 204 degrees C for 10 to 12 minutes. Flip halfway through cook time and spray again with oil.
- Serve with marinara dipping sauce and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.