Here are simple instructions for cooking frozen waffles in the air fryer. They are so much better than microwaving and super quick!
AIR FRYER FROZEN WAFFLES RECIPE
This isn't really a recipe, but instead, I'm giving you the simple instructions for how to make frozen waffles in your air fryer.
Air Frying is the only way I make waffles for my family on busy mornings now. Making air fryer frozen waffles will show you how crispy and light frozen waffles can be.
We used to use the microwave to make frozen waffles, and that method works, but the waffles come out either a bit soggy or hard and overcooked.
Sometimes I'll pull out the toaster to make frozen waffles. This method is less than ideal since most of the time I burn my fingers trying to get them out, or they break apart while cooking. Plus, every time I use the toaster I end up with crumbs all over the counter!
Making air fryer frozen waffles will show you how crispy and light frozen waffles really are.
If you want frozen waffles that are crisp around the edges and soft and fluffy in the center, you need to make waffles in the air fryer.
INGREDIENTS FOR FROZEN WAFFLES IN AIR FRYER
Frozen Waffles - You don't need any other ingredients to make your favorite frozen waffles in the air fryer. Today we're making air fryer Eggo waffles, but you can use any brand or type.
Blueberry waffles, chocolate chip waffles, protein waffles (like Kodiak brand), and whole-grain waffles all come out crisp and delicious from the air fryer. Try this method with gluten-free waffles or Keto waffles too.
Waffle Toppings - After your frozen waffles have cooked, you should definitely add your favorite toppings, like butter, syrup, or fruit.
If you have any questions about Frozen Waffles in the air fryer, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN WAFFLES IN AIR FRYER
- Place frozen waffles in the air fryer basket. My Cosori air fryer can fit 4 waffles, thanks to its square shape. If yours is smaller, you may need to do 2 at a time. You can also use these same instructions for just making 1 air fryer waffle.
- Air Fry as directed in the recipe below. I find that a temperature of 360°F/177°C works best for frozen waffles. Flip the waffles over halfway through so that they are golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, and fresh berries if you like.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos below and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for Air Fryer Frozen Waffles, please see the instructions below.
AIR FRYER FROZEN WAFFLE INSTRUCTIONS TIPS
- Be sure to arrange the waffles in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Overlapping them will leave you with edges that aren't all the way crisp. Only cook as many waffles as you can fit in the air fryer without stacking them.
- Different brands of waffles are different sizes, shapes, and thicknesses. Watch the last few minutes of cooking, and adjust as needed so that you don't over or undercook your waffles.
- Don't thaw frozen waffles before air frying them. Cooking them straight from the freezer gives the best results.
- No oil is needed to get crisp waffles from the air fryer.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER WAFFLES
The air fryer is such a useful appliance when it comes to making breakfast. You can make so many delicious air fryer breakfast recipes, and they all make mornings just a little bit easier. Try these:
Air Fryer Bacon is so simple, and less messy than making it on the stove. You can also make Turkey Bacon or Vegan Bacon in the air fryer.
Add some protein to your meal with easy Air Fryer Hardboiled Eggs, or quick Air Fryer Sausage Links.
Use Air Fryer Waffles to make a Waffle Breakfast Sandwich, or top them with homemade Chili and cheese. Waffles can be used in so many savory meals.
Sometimes I like to turn breakfast into dessert by putting a scoop of strawberry ice cream on top!
AIR FRYER WAFFLE TOPPINGS
It can be really fun to get creative with your waffle toppings! This way, waffles can be a snack or meal rather than just a grab-and-go breakfast food. Try some of these combinations on your air fryer waffles.
- Nutella spread and fresh strawberries or raspberries.
- Cream cheese with canned pineapple and shredded coconut
- Peanut butter and jelly or jam
- Peaches and drizzled honey
- Greek Yogurt and blueberries
- Lemon curd
- Ice cream!
CAN I MAKE MINI WAFFLES IN THE AIR FRYER?
Mini waffles are super fun, especially for kids who love to dip them in syrup! You can use this same method for making air fryer mini waffles. Adjust the time down by a minute or two, just in case they start to get too browned.
CAN I MAKE FROZEN BELGIAN WAFFLES IN THE AIR FRYER?
Yes, you can! Belgian waffles are usually thicker than standard waffles, so you may need to add a minute or two to the cooking time. Just keep your eye on it!
HOW LONG TO COOK FROZEN WAFFLES IN THE AIR FRYER
It takes a total of 4 to 5 minutes to cook waffles in the air fryer, which is about the same amount of time that it takes to make them in the toaster.
CAN I REHEAT WAFFLES IN THE AIR FRYER?
Sure! If you have leftover cooked waffles, place them in the air fryer and cook for 1-2 minutes at 350°F. Then add your favorite toppings and syrup and you have yourself a delicious breakfast!
CAN I MAKE HOMEMADE WAFFLES IN THE AIR FRYER?
If you've made waffles from scratch and have them stored in the freezer, you can use this method to reheat your homemade waffles in the air fryer too.
I haven't tried it yet, but you can use a silicone waffle mold to air fry your homemade waffle batter too. It sounds fun, but I'm not sure that they would get crispy, and making frozen waffles in the air fryer is much more simple.
MORE FROZEN FOODS TO MAKE IN THE AIR FRYER
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries are the most simple thing ever to make! The hardest part is deciding how much you want to make and what sauce you want to use as the dip!
Frozen Hamburgers are one of our most popular recipes. A delicious way to enjoy a delicious burger any time. We have found that the air fryer gives you restaurant quality hamburgers in the comfort of your own home!
Ready for a snack? Calling all you late night snackers! How about making some Frozen Popcorn Shrimp in the Air Fryer or try Frozen Mini Corndogs in the air fryer! Both items can be used as snack, a light lunch or a meal.
Frozen Pierogies make an easy kid-friendly meal in minutes! Use them as a side dish or as a meal!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Frozen Waffles in Air Fryer
- 4 frozen waffles
- Place the frozen waffles in the air fryer basket in an even layer.
- Air fry at 360°F/180°C for 2 minutes. Flip the waffles over and cook another 2-3 minutes until lightly golden and crispy.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup and fresh berries if you wish.
- Cook the waffles straight from frozen. Do not thaw them first.
- You can use these instructions to cook any brand or type of frozen waffles.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to cook the waffles in batches so that they do not overlap.
- You do not need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe.
- If you are cooking multiple batches, your second batch may cook quicker than the first because the air fryer is already hot. Check it a few minutes earlier to be safe.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.