Air Fryer Bacon is a quick and easy recipe for the best crispy bacon! Once you cook bacon in your air fryer, you’ll never go back to the old way again!
Air Fryer Bacon is the best way to cook bacon! No more making a greasy mess and hot, dangerous bacon fat over a hot stove! In less than 10 minutes you can have crispy, perfectly cooked bacon on the table using your air fryer. I make a vegan tempeh air fryer bacon that is to die for, and this pork bacon is just as delicious!
We all know how it goes – cooking bacon on the stovetop takes so much effort! You have to cook it in batches, so the texture is rarely uniform. And don’t even get me started on the mess!
How to Make Bacon in the Air Fryer
I’m certain that once you try making bacon in your air fryer, you’ll never look back! All you need is a few strips of center cut pork bacon and a few minutes. Here’s how you do it:
This air fryer bacon recipe eliminates all of that and leaves you with the most incredible tasting, crispy bacon!
- The first thing you’ll want to do is remove 5 strips of bacon from the package.
- Next, cut the bacon strips in half. This will make it easier to fit in the air fryer basket and it’ll crisp up perfectly!
- Arrange the bacon slices in the bottom of your air fryer basket.
- Then, turn your air fryer to 350 degrees and cook it for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the air fryer basket and drain it on paper towels. This will help to remove extra grease and allow the bacon to crisp well.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
Tips for Cooking Perfect Bacon
- When cooking more than one batch of bacon, you MUST empty the second air fryer basket! All of the excess bacon fat that drains into the pan will collect and make your air fryer SMOKE! Click here to learn the best way to clean your air fryer.
- The cooking time for this fried bacon recipe is for thinner center cut bacon slices. If your bacon is thicker, increase the cook time to 8-10 minutes.
- Watch the cooking time! Different air fryers have varying cook times, and bacon can easily burn. Keep an eye on your air fryer as the bacon cooks and carefully open the basket to do so if needed.
How to Serve Air Fryer Bacon
- Serve with eggs, fruit and a cherry vanilla smoothie for the perfect breakfast spread.
- Crumble over a salad to add some crunch.
- Add a few slices to an egg sandwich for a delicious breakfast on the go.
- Crumble and mix with salt & pepper to make bacon salt.
- Make a BLT! Add to a sandwich spread with mayo or hummus, top with thick slices of fresh tomato and crunchy green lettuce. Yum!
Want more delicious air fryer breakfast recipes? Check these out!
PRO TIP: When cooking meat it is extremely important that you measure the internal temperature to make sure your meat has been cooked to completion. I highly recommend that you get a meat thermometer to keep handy when cooking in your air fryer!
Air Fryer Bacon
- Air fryer
- 5 slices center cut bacon
- To make your air fryer bacon, start by removing 5 slices of bacon from the package.
- Cut the bacon strips in half. This will help the bacon fit in the air fryer basket.
- Place your bacon in the air fryer.
- Cook your air fryer bacon a 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Flip the bacon midway through the cooking process.
- Remove the bacon from the air fryer and place it on paper towels. This will soak up any extra grease.
- If you plan to cook a second batch, it is critical that you empty the second air fryer basket. It is the basket that contains all the grease from your air fryer bacon. If you do not empty and wipe it out, it will make your air fryer SMOKE.
- The cooking time for this air fryer bacon recipe is for thinner center cut slices. If you are using thick slices, I would suggest cooking the bacon strips 8-10 minutes.
- Just like with anything you cook, you need to monitor the cooking. Bacon can quickly turn from deliciously golden brown to burnt. Keep your eye on the air fryer bacon as it cooks. Its okay if you open the air fryer basket to check on it.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Let’s talk! Drop me a comment below and let me know if you have made this air fryer bacon! Who would have thought that making bacon in the air fryer would be so tasty!