Making Scrambled Eggs in the Air Fryer is the fastest, easiest way to get a protein-packed breakfast on the table! It only takes 5 minutes to make air fryer scrambled eggs that are perfectly fluffy.
Scrambled Eggs in Air Fryer Recipe
Wondering if you can make eggs in the air fryer? The simple answer is a resounding "YES!" You can make eggs in the air fryer. I do it all the time, and it's so easy.
Personally, I make fluffy scrambled eggs this way a few times per week, and my kids like using the air fryer to scramble eggs better than cooking them on the stove or in the microwave.
This recipe is super basic: Eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and butter are all you need to make it. But don't let that stop you from getting creative!
Add some cheese to your air fryer scrambled eggs, or try diced ham or air fryer bacon to make an even more delicious morning meal.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
Eggs - For testing purposes, we developed this recipe using 4 large eggs, which is enough for 2 people. You can cook more or fewer eggs in the air fryer the same way, but you'll need to make some adjustments (more on that later)
Heavy Cream - a splash of cream mixed in with the eggs makes them extra rich and fluffy.
Salt and Pepper - These simple seasonings are all you need, but feel free to add whatever seasonings you enjoy with your eggs.
Butter - Melted butter will keep the eggs from sticking to the pan while they cook in the air fryer. If you prefer to skip the butter, you can use olive oil or non-stick spray as well.
A Small Cake Pan - You can't put scrambled eggs directly into the air fryer, but you can cook them in an oven-safe pan that fits into your air fryer basket! We use this same method to make Air Fryer Pancakes.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP
How to Make Scrambled Eggs in Air Fryer
- Preheat: Place a small cake pan into the air fryer and preheat both the air fryer and the pan for 5 minutes at 400°F/200°C. After you've preheated the pan, carefully grease it with non-stick cooking spray, then add the melted butter. (if your butter is softened, it will melt in the hot pan on its own!)
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with cream, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Pour the eggs into the pan with the melted butter. Air fry the scrambled eggs for 3 minutes at 300°F/150°C. At this point, the eggs should be cooked on the edges but not yet in the middle.
- Stir the eggs with a rubber spatula, then continue cooking them in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes, or until they are set. Serve right away with your favorite breakfast side dishes.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for making scrambled eggs in the air fryer, please see the recipe below.
Tips for Making Scrambled Eggs in Air Fryer
- Adjust as necessary. These instructions for making scrambled eggs work perfectly for us, but air fryers all cook a little bit differently. After the first three minutes of cooking, you should be able to tell how much more time the eggs need.
- Stir at least once. If you stir the eggs once during cooking, you'll end up with large curds. If you prefer your scrambled egg pieces smaller, stir them twice!
- If you want to cook more than 4 eggs, use the largest pan that will fit into your air fryer. It will take an extra minute or two for the eggs to cook completely.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. For a fancier presentation, add chopped chives or parsley to the scrambled eggs just before serving.
- Add some spice: add ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, a pinch of cayenne, or a few dashes of hot sauce to the eggs in Step 3.
- Make them extra good: If you want to really impress someone with your breakfast-making skills, swap out the plain butter with black truffle infused butter, or garlic and herb butter.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled Eggs are perfect for breakfast, and will go perfectly with all of your favorite breakfast side dishes!
You can also serve air fryer scrambled eggs as breakfast for dinner.
We have a whole section of easy, tasty air fryer breakfast recipes for you to make!
This is likely because they are overcooked. Be sure to keep an eye on the eggs, and remove them from the air fryer as soon as they are cooked.
Heavy cream makes these eggs rich and delicious, but lower-fat milk or even non-dairy milk can be used instead.
You can! Use the same method of preheating a small cake pan in the air fryer and then adding butter. Air fry for 3-5 minutes at 375°F/190°C. Check for doneness and add more time only if needed.
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
Make your breakfast in the air fryer every day with our collection of easy air fryer breakfast recipes!
You'll love Air Fryer Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins as a wholesome grab-and-go breakfast treat.
For a more savory option, make Air Fryer Sausage Skewers. They're fun to dip in maple syrup or ketchup.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Scrambled Eggs in Air Fryer
- 4 or 6-inch cake pan
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Gather your ingredients. Place a small cake pan into your air fryer basket and preheat at 400ºF/200ºC for 5 minutes.
- Once preheated, carefully grease the cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and then add the melted butter to the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper until combined. Add the eggs to the melted butter.
- Cook the eggs at 300ºF/150ºC for 3 minutes – At this point the eggs will only be cooked around the edges of the pan.
- Then stir the eggs with a rubber spatula and cook them for another 1-2 minutes, or until they set.
- Enjoy immediately.
- As a garnish, chopped chives or parsley are delicious and beautiful.
- If you like spicy scrambled eggs, add ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, a pinch of cayenne, or a few dashes of hot sauce to the eggs in Step 3.
- To make this meal fancy, swap the plain butter for infused butter like black truffle butter or garlic and herb butter.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.