When you want to make a great-tasting hotdog in the comfort of your home, the air fryer is the way to go! Air Fryer Hotdogs get that fresh-from-the-ballpark taste in only 5 minutes!
Air Fryer Hotdogs are the best way to make hotdogs at home! Everyone loves the taste of a fresh cooked hamburger or hotdog at a baseball game or cookout, and you can totally recreate that delicious hotdog taste with your air fryer! All it takes is your favorite franks and 5 minutes – it’s as easy as that!
What are the best Hotdogs?
Hotdogs don’t have to be unhealthy! There are many different brands and styles of hotdogs in the refrigerated meats section of just about every local grocer. When you’re caring for a healthy, growing family, there are are a few things you can look for when purchasing hotdogs:
- If you’re a meat eater, look for a pack of plump all-beef hotdogs. They’re the most flavorful and contain fewer preservatives.
- Choose franks that are nitrate-free and contain lower levels of sodium and saturated fat.
- Buy veggie dogs! Beyond Meat offers plant-based veggie dogs and you can also buy tofurkey dogs if you prefer.
How to Make Air Fryer Hotdogs
You can have your air fryer hotdogs cooked to perfection in only 5 minutes! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Step 1: Place your hotdogs on a plate, and score them on top with a knife or fork. This will prevent the hotdogs from bursting by allowing trapped air to escape during cooking.
- Step 2: Place the hotdogs in the bottom of your air fryer basket.
- Step 3: Air fry your hotdogs for 4-5 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- Step 4: Place the hotdogs on hotdog buns, then top with condiments if desired, and enjoy!
How to Serve Hotdogs
Hot dogs don’t have to be boring! Consider one of these fun ways to serve your air fryer frankfurters:
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, and relish. Add a side of air fryer french fries for a classic diner combo.
- Make coney dogs! Serve with your favorite coney sauce, chopped onions, and shredded cheese.
- Make reuben dogs. Serve with shredded swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and a side of thousand island dressing for dipping.
- Serve them Thai style! Make banh mi inspired hot dogs by topping with shredded carrots, chopped cucumber, sliced jalapenos, cilantro, and a delicious vegan Thai salad dressing.
- Add some crunch. Serve topped with coleslaw and serve with fresh pickle spears and potato chips on the side.
What side dishes go with Hotdogs?
Try pairing some of these delicious side dish recipes with your air fryer hotdogs:
- Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Creamy Dill Macaroni Salad
- Mixed Berry Fruit Salad
Check out these other easy air fryer recipes!
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the “Air Fry” function.
PRO TIP: When cooking meat it is extremely important that you measure the internal temperature to make sure your meat has been cooked to completion. I highly recommend that you get a meat thermometer to keep handy when cooking in your air fryer!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers! Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let’s get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes. Don’t forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Hotdogs
- Air fryer
- 4 hotdogs (I used Veggie Dogs)
- buns and condiments for serving (optional)
- Prepare your hotdogs by scoring them on the top with a knife or fork.
- Place the hotdogs into the basket of your air fryer.
- Air fry the hotdogs for 4-5 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Place the cooked hotdogs on buns, top with your favorite condiments, and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.