Air Fryer Sticky Ginger Chicken is just four ingredients! This simple recipe is packed with flavor from the homemade Asian-inspired marinade!
Sometimes life gets in the way of a fresh, home-cooked meal.
This Air Fryer Sticky Ginger Chicken is just 4 ingredients and is ready in less than 20 minutes!
When I know we're going to be busy the next night, I throw this chicken and simple Asian marinade of soy sauce, fresh ginger, and garlic together and into a bag and dinner is half made!
This recipe is GREAT for meal prep! Try it with my Air Fryer Green Beans for a quick but delicious meal all week!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER STICKY GINGER CHICKEN
If you're using bone-in chicken breasts, extend the cooking time. Use a meat thermometer!
- Start with your chicken breasts. Make sure to clean them thoroughly before marinating.
- Next, mix together the soy sauce, minced garlic, and fresh ginger. This is your marinade!
- Now, put the chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag for at least an hour. I prefer overnight to give the chicken the best flavor!
- After marinating, put your chicken breasts in the air fryer basket — or on an air fryer tray — and cook for 16 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees F (or 176 degrees C!), depending on the size of your chicken breasts. Be sure to keep an eye on your chicken breasts during cooking and use a meat thermometer! Chicken is safe once it reaches 165 degrees F.
- Halfway through cooking, flip the chicken to evenly brown it.
- After cooking, divide chicken breasts evenly among your plates or food prep containers! I like to garnish mine with a little crushed red pepper. Serve warm and enjoy!
How to Meal Prep
Chicken is safe up to 4 days in the fridge, so this is easy to prep Sunday and eat through Thursday.
It's a great option because unlike some quick and easy meal prep options, I don't get sick of this one before the last day!
When I meal prep this recipe, I like to slice my chicken before putting it in the containers.
This helps when I reheat my chicken for faster and more even reheating — especially in the microwave!
For a side, I usually have Air Fryer Green Beans or a simple side salad with a ginger vinaigrette.
How to Marinade Chicken
Marinating chicken is a great and easy way to bring new and exciting flavors to an otherwise great but somewhat bland protein.
When marinating chicken, or any meat, you want to make sure the marinade is covering the meat and has as few air bubbles as possible.
Marinades are usually best when done at least one hour to let the liquid permeate the meat, but most recommend marinating overnight for best results.
Don't let your food marinate too long, though. After about 48 hours, it may be best to cook it or trash it.
Other Delicious Asian-Inspired Recipes
If you love Asian inspired recipes, we have a few that you need to check out.
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven.
If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
If you are looking for vegetarian recipes beyond air fryer ones, we have a Vegetarian Newsletter as well as a Vegetarian Recipes facebook group. This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram!
Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Sticky Ginger Chicken
- Mixing bowl
- Ziplock bag for marinating
- Air fryer
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger diced
- Mix the soy sauce, minced garlic, and fresh ginger in a bowl.
- Combine chicken breasts and garlic and ginger sauce in a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- After marinating, remove chicken from bag and place into air fryer basket or onto air fryer tray.
- Set air fryer to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) for 16 to 18 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Watch chicken carefully and use a meat thermometer to check doneness.
- When done, divide among plates or meal prep storage containers. Serve warm and enjoy!
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.