Lightly breaded with a grain free, low carb coating, Air Fryer Keto Zucchini fries are side dish or snack that you'll fall in love with.
AIR FRYER KETO ZUCCHINI FRIES RECIPE
We are big fans of breaded and fried zucchini here. We have a recipe for Zucchini Fries already, and I am excited to share this recipe that is just as delicious, but low carb and Keto approved.
This recipe for Zucchini Fries is also grain free, low carb, and vegetarian.
For the crispy coating on our fries we're using coconut flour rather than a regular flour, which saves you a a ton of carbs.
The outside of these zucchini fries is light, crispy and flavorful, while the zucchini inside is tender and perfectly cooked in the air fryer.
INGREDIENTS IN KETO ZUCCHINI FRIES
Garlic Powder - We're using spices and herbs to make up part of the coating. Garlic powder is warm and delicious.
Paprika - Paprika adds a reddish color and a mild warmth.
Italian Seasoning - Italian seasoning always goes well with zucchini. Use your favorite brand.
Coconut Flour- This low carb flour is the base of our breading.
Parmesan Cheese- we add the same amount of cheese as we do coconut flour. The cheese crisps up nicely in the air fryer.
Eggs - Beaten eggs help everything stick to the zucchini.
Zucchini - choose a medium sized zucchini for this recipe, or two smaller ones.
Olive Oil Spray - I keep olive oil in a spray bottle for air fryer cooking. You could use avocado oil if you prefer.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER KETO ZUCCHINI FRIES
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Cut it into ½ inch sticks and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk and set aside. In another bowl, mix the spices, flour and cheese.
- Bread the zucchini sticks by dredging through the egg, then the flour mixture. Put the zucchini sticks in a single layer in the air fryer and spray generously with oil.
- Air fry as directed in the recipe. Continue until all zucchini is done.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH KETO ZUCCHINI FRIES
I like to eat keto fried zucchini on it's own as a snack or a meal. It's pretty addicting once you start eating it, and I can finish the whole recipe on own sometimes!
To make a more well-rounded keto meal of your zucchini fries, try serving them with a salad topped with grilled or air fried chicken.
Air Fryer Mushrooms would be delicious too to create a vegetarian keto meal.
IS FRIED ZUCCHINI KETO?
We have made this recipe for zucchini fries very low carb in order to make it Keto Friendly.
Zucchini is a low carb food, and we've added minimal carbs to the breading in order to keep this recipe keto.
Specifically, the use of coconut flour and parmesan cheese in place of the traditional wheat flour that would typically be used to make these, makes these zucchini fries keto.
IS ZUCCHINI LOW IN CARBS?
Zucchini is a low carb food. A whole medium zucchini has 4 grams carbs, one of which is fiber. You can absolutely enjoy zucchini on a low carb diet.
Zucchini is an excellent substitute for potatoes or pasta on a low carb diet.
MORE KETO AIR FRYER RECIPES
An air fryer is an amazing tool to have in your kitchen for quick and easy keto cooking.
If you're looking for simple meaty recipes to fill up on protein, try Air Fryer Hamburgers, or Air Fryer Sticky Ginger Chicken.
For low carb Side dishes, you'll want to keep Air Fryer Green Beans, and Air Fryer Asparagus on your list.
- Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe can be made in an air fryer unit with a basket or an air fryer oven. If you're using an air fryer oven, place your food on the middle rack and select the "air fry" function.
- Check your food as it cooks! Since each air fryer runs differently, sometimes air frying is a trial and error-process. When cooking a new recipe, be sure to check on your food often. This will help you avoid over or undercooking, and help you learn your air fryer's specific ways!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Keto Zucchini Fries
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 2 Eggs
- ½ t Garlic Powder
- ½ t Paprika
- 1 t Italian Seasoning
- ½ c Coconut Flour
- ½ c Parmesan Cheese grated
- Olive Oil Spray
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into ½ inch sticks. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk them and set aside.
- Combine the spices, flour and cheese into a shallow bowl. Stir to mix.
- First, dredge the zucchini sticks through the egg, then into the flour/spice mixture. Be gentle with the zucchini stick, pat the flour mixture on all sides of the zucchini pieces.
- Put the zucchini pieces into the air fryer basket in a single layer, generously spray with oil. Air Fry at 400F/204C for 10-12 minutes.
- Be sure to check on your zucchini fries in case your air fryer cooks them a little quicker. I prefer to flip the zucchini half way through cooking and spray again with oil.
- Continue with single batches until all your zucchini fries are cooked.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Don't crowd your zucchini pieces in the air fryer. Plan to do multiple batches.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.