Air Fryer Sausage Skewers are a simple to make breakfast recipe that everyone will love.
AIR FRYER SAUSAGE SKEWERS RECIPE
This is such a fun recipe for sausages on a stick wrapped with crispy crescent dough. If this isn't the best way to cook breakfast sausage in the air fryer, I'm not sure what is! Kids and adults love these and they're perfect for dipping into maple syrup, ketchup or a perfectly runny egg yolk.
Air Fryer Sausage Skewers let you turn an otherwise simple breakfast food into a fun and exciting one. These work well for on the go. You can also serve these on a breakfast or brunch buffet along with Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes and Air Fryer Bacon. Pop the sticks into a sturdy glass for a beautiful presentation.
INGREDIENTS IN AIR FRYER SAUSAGE SKEWERS
Fresh Sausage Links- Maple flavored breakfast sausage links are my favorite, and delicious in this recipe.
Maple Syrup - This adds sweetness and also helps the dough to stick to the sausages.
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls - We'll be slicing these into strips and wrapping them around the sausages.
Skewers - Six or eight inch skewers are needed for this recipe, as most air fryers aren't large enough to fit the 10 or 12 inch ones made for grilling. You can buy a pack of Skewers here for a few dollars.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST SKEWERS IN THE AIR FRYER
- Put one skewer into each sausage link, making sure they are on there well. Set aside.
- Lay your crescent roll dough out flat. Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut thin strips. Don't worry if some of the pieces are smaller, you can combine them to make longer strips.
- Dip your basting brush in the maple syrup and spread maple syrup over the crescent strips.
- Take a crescent strip and wrap it around the sausage diagonally. Repeat for each skewer.
- Spray your air fryer with oil or line with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Air Fry as directed until crescent dough is golden brown and sausages are cooked fully
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BREAKFAST SAUSAGE SKEWERS
CAN I MAKE SAUSAGE SKEWERS WITH FROZEN SAUSAGE
I haven't tried it, but usually frozen sausages are precooked. Cooking them this way would probably overcook the sausages before the dough on the outside is finished. Save this recipe for the fresh ones!
This recipe was made in a Cosori Air Fryer with a Basket. The recipe should work in other air fryers.
Keep in mind that each air fryer runs differently, it is important to check your food often.
MORE WAYS TO COOK BREAKFAST SAUSAGE IN THE AIR FRYER
If you aren't trying to be this fancy with your breakfast sausage today, I totally understand!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Sausage Skewers
- 6 inch Skewers
- Air fryer
- Pizza Cutter
- 6 Sausage Links
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Crescent Rolls
- Put one skewer into each sausage link. Set aside.
- Lay your crescent rolls flat. Take the pizza cutter and cut thin strips of the crescent rolls. Don’t worry if you have short pieces. You can combine them to make longer strips. Set aside.
- Dip your basting brush in the maple syrup and spread a little maple syrup over the crescent strips.
- Take a crescent strip and wrap it diagonally around the sausage skewer. Repeat for each skewer.
- Spray your air fryer with cooking spray to prevent sticking or use parchment paper.
- Put the skewers in the air fryer and cook on 375F/190C for about 7-9 mins.
- At 7 mins take a peek inside. If they need more time finish out the 9 minutes, if not remove from the air fryer.
- When done, serve immediately.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.