Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings turn out crispy on the outside and tender and perfectly cooked inside. Making frozen dumplings in the air fryer is the easiest and fastest way to cook dumplings, wontons, gyoza, or potstickers.
AIR FRYER FROZEN DUMPLINGS DIRECTIONS
Frozen dumplings are such a great thing to have in the freezer. They make an excellent snack, appetizer, or part of a quick meal. Frozen dumplings in the air fryer are easy to make too!
Keep these directions for making frozen dumplings in the air fryer handy, so you'll never need to ask, "how do I make these dumplings in the air fryer?" again.
This yummy Asian snack is easy enough for kids and teens to make in the air fryer too. Grab some soy sauce or your favorite dumpling dipping sauce and dinner is ready. Try the sauce from this General Tso's Tofu recipe, it's so good.
Prefer your dumplings to be filled with potatoes? Learn how to make Frozen Pierogies in the Air Fryer here!
INGREDIENTS FOR FROZEN DUMPLINGS IN AIR FRYER
Frozen Dumplings - This cooking method will work with any type of Asian dumplings that are frozen and pre-cooked. Pot stickers are commonly found, or you might see Japanese gyoza dumplings.
Oil Spray - I often choose avocado oil spray to use in the air fryer because it has a high smoke point and I don't need to worry about it burning. This is what makes your air fryer dumplings extra crispy.
If you have any questions about making Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN DUMPLINGS IN AIR FRYER
- Remove the frozen dumplings from their outer packaging.
- Place the frozen dumplings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You can cook in multiple batches if needed.
- Spray the tops of the dumplings with oil. Air Fry the frozen dumplings as directed in the recipe card below, flipping halfway through, until the dumplings are golden brown and heated through.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings, please see the recipe below.
AIR FRYER FROZEN DUMPLINGS TIPS
- Don't overlap the dumplings. We always want to make sure that there is room for air to circulate around our food while it's cooking in the air fryer.
- Spray with Oil. Your dumplings will cook without oil, but to get them nice and crispy, spray with oil before cooking. If you don't have spray oil, brush the dumplings with oil, or toss them in a bit of oil before air frying.
- Check your food. All air fryers cook differently. Check your food often to be sure you don't overcook it. You may not need the entire cooking time.
- Frozen Dumpling Sauce. If your dumplings have a package of sauce with them, make sure not to put that in the air fryer. Place it under warm running water to thaw while you air fry the dumplings.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER FROZEN DUMPLINGS
Try this recipe I found for dumpling dipping sauce, it looks simple and delicious.
HOW LONG TO COOK FROZEN POTSTICKERS IN THE AIR FRYER?
Potstickers, gyoza, dumplings, they are all the same, and will all cook up using these directions. In general frozen potstickers or dumplings take about 8-10 minutes to cook in the air fryer, at 360°F.
SHOULD I THAW THE DUMPLINGS FIRST?
No need to thaw frozen dumplings before cooking them in the air fryer. These go from frozen to cooked in no time.
HOW TO COOK TRADER JOE'S FROZEN DUMPLINGS IN THE AIR FRYER?
This is a common question, because the frozen dumplings from Trader Joe's are just so delicious! You can use these instructions to make TJ's gyoza potstickers, or any brand of frozen dumplings that you prefer.
WHERE TO BUY FROZEN DUMPLINGS
If you're looking for frozen dumplings to make in the air fryer, look no further than your local grocery store freezer. There should be a few options to choose from. For more variety, see if there is an Asian supermarket near you. The one near me has probably 50 different types of frozen dumplings to try!
CAN I AIR FRY RAW FROZEN DUMPLINGS?
Most frozen dumplings you buy will be pre-cooked, but sometimes you'll find them that are raw. You can use these same instructions to cook raw frozen dumplings in the air fryer, but you should test them using a meat thermometer to be sure that the internal temperature is 165°F/74°C.
MORE EASY FROZEN FOODS IN THE AIR FRYER
The easiest side dish is these Frozen Rolls in the air fryer. Serve these with soups, salads, or any family meal.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings
- 1 package frozen dumplings may also be called potstickers or gyoza
- Spray Oil olive oil, avocado oil, or another mild flavor oil
- Remove the frozen dumplings from their outer packaging.
- Place the frozen dumplings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook in multiple batches if need be.
- Spray the tops of the dumplings with oil.
- Air fry at 360F for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the dumplings are golden and heated through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Most packages of frozen dumplings will come with a sauce that is also frozen. To thaw quickly, run it under room temperature water while the dumplings are cooking in the air fryer.
- If you don’t have spray oil, you can place the dumplings in a bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons of oil before placing in the air fryer basket. Avocado is my oil of choice since it has a high smoke point.
- Leave room between the dumplings for air to circulate. Do not stack them in the air fryer basket.
- This method will work with all varieties of standard size Asian dumplings. Some may take more or less time than others.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes airfrying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.