Tender slices of eggplant, air friend to crispy perfection! Crispy Air Fryer Eggplant will find a happy place on your dinner table now that you know how to make it perfectly.
CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT RECIPE
Thin slices of tender eggplant, cooked up crispy in your air fryer will be one of your favorite vegetable sides dishes.
You only need 4 ingredients to make this crispy air fryer eggplant. I just love a good recipe that doesn't require a lot of fuss!
INGREDIENTS IN CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT
Eggplant - choose a medium sized eggplant for this recipe.
Eggs - Eggs help the seasonings and breadcrumbs stick to your eggplant slices.
Panko Breadcrumbs - Panko gives the most crunch when it comes to air fryer recipes. Use a gluten free version if needed.
Italian Seasoning - This blend of Italian herbs goes so well with eggplant dishes.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT
- Wash your eggplant and slice off the ends. Slice your medium eggplant into ¼ inch pieces. Place eggplant on a lipped cookie sheet. Salt the eggplant and and let it sit for 15 minutes. Flip the eggplant slices over and salt again. Let sit again.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. In another small bowl mix panko and Italian seasoning. Dip each eggplant piece into the egg mixture, and then into the panko mixture to coat both sides.
- Cook the eggplant in the air fryer as directed in recipe.
- Flip over eggplant slices and cook again in the air fryer as directed.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT
Crispy eggplant is excellent on its own as a satisfying crunchy snack, but it's also amazing as a veggie side dish.
This vegetable side dish would also go really well with any Italian style pasta dishes. This Deconstructed Lasagna would be delicious with a side of crispy eggplant.
SHOULD I PEEL EGGPLANT?
For this eggplant recipe, you don't need to peel the eggplant. The skin of the eggplant gives the edges a nice texture that I really like.
However, if your eggplant is very large or the skin seems tough, it's absolutely fine to remove the skin. Some of you might even prefer skinless eggplant, and that's ok! Removing the skin won't change this recipe at all.
HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD EGGPLANT
You may be wondering how to pick a good eggplant from the grocery store. I have some tips for you!
Choose an eggplant that is medium sized, about 8 to 10 inches long. Your eggplant should have shiny purple skin without many blemishes.
Pick up the eggplant with your hands. A good eggplant will feel slightly heavier than it should be. If it feels very light, skip it.
OTHER AIR FRYER VEGETABLE RECIPES TO TRY
We have a few other air fryer eggplant recipes that we love. Try Air Fryer Eggplant, which is a non-breaded, roasted style eggplant. You may also like to try making Eggplant Parmesan in the air fryer.
If you are looking for vegetarian recipes beyond air fryer ones, we have a Vegetarian Newsletter as well as a Vegetarian Recipes facebook group. This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Crispy Air Fryer Eggplant
- Air fryer
- Wash your eggplant and slice off the ends. Slice your medium eggplant into ¼ inch pieces. Place eggplant on a lipped cookie sheet. Salt the eggplant and let it sit for 15 minutes. Flip the eggplant slices and salt again. Let sit again for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat eggs, set aside. In a another small bowl mix panko and Italian Seasoning. Dip each eggplant piece into the egg mixture, followed by the panko mixture to coat. Make sure you do both sides.
- Cook the eggplant in the air fryer at 380F/193C for 4 minutes.
- Then you are going to flip over each eggplant piece and cook for an additional 4 minutes at 380F/193C.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Choose an eggplant that is 8-10 inches long and feels heavy for its size.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.