Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer are a super simple, delicious side dish or snack that you can make in less than 15 minutes! These fries are crispy and perfect, straight from your favorite air fryer.
MAKE FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES IN AIR FRYER
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries come out of the air fryer hot, crispy, and totally perfect, with very little fuss. Look at how amazing these look!
And while you can make fries from fresh sweet potatoes in the air fryer, I honestly think that the frozen ones are tastier and better. Of course, frozen sweet potato fries come already cut up and seasoned, making them the perfect air fryer convenience food.
In general, the air fryer does an amazing job of cooking up all types of frozen food. Frozen French Fries are crispy, Frozen Dumplings are tender, and Frozen Meatballs are done in no time at all. Making air fryer frozen sweet potatoes will definitely be your new favorite air fryer frozen food to cook.
You are going to love frozen sweet potatoes in the air fryer! They are the perfect easy side dish to serve with all of your favorite meals. You can also turn sweet potato fries into an afternoon snack or a simple appetizer. My Family loves it when I make these fries as a movie night snack, with yummy dips and maybe a plate of Air Fryer Pizza Rolls too.
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries are easy to make, super fast, crispy and delicious - so what are we waiting for? Let's do it!
INGREDIENTS FOR AIR FRYER FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries: All you need is a bag of your favorite frozen sweet potato fries. Alexia makes some very tasty sweet potato fries, but other brands such as Trader Joe's, Ore-Ida, or store brands will absolutely work in this recipe.
You can check the ingredients if you're concerned about making sure that your frozen sweet potato fries meet your food needs. Some fries are coated to get extra crispy, others have added sugar. Mostly all frozen sweet potato fries will have added salt and other seasonings and added oil.
Because they are pre-seasoned, we don't need to add anything do them in order to get tasty, perfect air fryer sweet potato fries.
If you have any questions about making frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO FRIES IN AIR FRYER
- Remove the frozen sweet potato fries from their outer packaging.
- Place the sweet potato fries in the air fryer basket. Be sure not to overcrowd them. You can cook in multiple batches if need be.
- Air Fry as directed in the recipe card below. Shake the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking and get them extra crispy.
- Serve your sweet potato fries immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer, please see the recipe below.
FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES AIR FRYER TIPS
No Need to Add Oil: Most brands of frozen sweet potato fries have a vegetable oil blend in their ingredients. For this reason, I find that I don't need to add any additional oil to get them to crisp up nicely. You may find that your particular brand needs a bit of oil though. If that's the case, simple spritz them with oil before cooking.
Season Them if You Like: You will find that frozen sweet potato fries come already seasoned, so be careful with adding more salt. I suggest using garlic powder and fresh parsley to add more savory flavor though.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES IN AIR FRYER
Frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer make an amazing side dish.
We often make a meal of these sweet potato fries and Air Fryer Unbreaded Chicken Tenders. Both are lovely dipped into ranch dressing.
Air Fryer Hamburgers are almost not right unless I have a side of fries with them, and sweet potato fries make dinner extra special.
DO I NEED TO ADD OIL TO COOK FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES IN THE AIR FRYER?
Oil is not needed to make frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer so long as you're cooking with an air fryer that has a non-stick basket.
Some oven style air fryers use an aluminum tray that has a tendency to stick to sweet potato fries, so in that case, spray or brush the tray with oil before air frying.
HOW FULL CAN THE AIR FRYER BASKET BE WITH SWEET POTATO FRIES
When making sweet potato fries in the air fryer, you can stack them up a bit, but not too much. There needs to be enough room in the basket for air to circulate around the frozen french fries.
If there isn't room for air to circulate, the fries will not get crispy, and will instead be mushy and soft.
Try not to fill the basket any more than half full, and be sure to shake and flip the fries around a few times during cooking.
WHY DIDN'T MY FROZEN FRIES GET CRISPY IN THE AIR FRYER?
Likely you added too many frozen sweet potato fries to the air fryer. Next time, cook less of them at a time.
ARE SWEET POTATO FRIES HEALTHY?
You can definitely include frozen air fryer sweet potato fries in your diet. Sweet potatoes are generally considered healthier than white potatoes since they have additional vitamins like vitamins A, B, C, and D, among others.
Sweet Potatoes are actually considered a superfood, due to their many health benefits, particularly due to the high amounts of antioxidants in them.
Frozen sweet potato fries made in the air fryer are acceptable for vegan and vegetarian diets, and can also be gluten free and sugar free depending on the brand of frozen sweet potato fries you purchase.
HOW CAN I REHEAT SWEET POTATO FRIES IN THE AIR FRYER?
The air fryer is by far the best appliance to use when you want to re-heat fries. Add your cold, leftover sweet potato fries to a preheated 400°F/200°C air fryer and cook for about 2 minutes until they've reheated and crisped back up.
DIPPING SAUCES FOR SWEET POTATO FRIES
- Melted butter mixed with honey 50/50 is a classic dip for sweet potato fries that you get in restaurants. It's so good.
- A spicy sor savory sauce pairs nicely with frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer. Try Buffalo Sauce or BBQ Sauce.
- Any type of ranch dressing, or a creamy aioli style dipping sauce is lovely too.
- I found this recipe for a Sesame Soy Sweet Potato dipping sauce to try with your air fryer frozen sweet potato fries.
- Plain old ketchup works too!
WHAT ARE THE BEST FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES?
This will come down to personal preference, but here are some of my favorite brands of frozen sweet potato fries to make in the air fryer:
Alexia Sweet Potato Fries - these are the classic favorite when it comes to sweet potato fries. They are sweet and all-natural.
Ore-Ida Sweet Poato Fries - You'll love these if you like your fries to have an extra crispy coating. The outer starchy layer is crispy and flaky after air frying.
Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Fries - A quick sweep of the internet shows that these are an overall favorite frozen sweet potato fries to make in the air fryer. They have a flavor and texture that will remind you of fries you've had in a restaurant.
This recipe was made in a Cosori Air Fryer with a Basket. The recipe should work in other air fryers.
Keep in mind that each air fryer runs differently, it is important to check your food often.
MORE FROZEN FOODS TO MAKE IN THE AIR FRYER
If you like making frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer (and I know you'll love it!) you'll love these ideas too.
Totino's Frozen Pizza is so easy to make in the air fryer. Teach your kids how to make this for their after school snack.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
- Air fryer
- 1 package Sweet Potato Fries frozen
- Remove the frozen sweet potato fries from their outer packaging.
- Place the sweet potato fries in the air fryer basket. Be sure not to overcrowd. Cook in multiple batches if need be.
- Air fry at 400°F/200°C for 12-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes, until the fries are crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Please refer to the packaging for your sweet potato fries in order to get accurate nutrition values.
- No oil is needed to get crispy fries, since frozen sweet potato fries generally already have oil in them.
- Frozen sweet potato fries are also usually pre-seasoned with salt. Add some garlic powder and fresh parsley to add extra savory flavor if you like.
- Serve these fries with honey and melted butter, or your favorite dipping sauce. Ranch, bbq sauce, or fry sauce would be delicious.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes airfrying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Air Fryer Eats Membership! Our membership offers exclusive recipes, meal plans, ebooks, helpful learning videos and more – all completely ad free!