Classic BBQ from the Ninja Foodi! These Ninja Foodi Ribs are perfectly cooked, tender, juicy, and expertly seasoned with both a dry rub and your favorite BBQ sauce.
NINJA FOODI RIBS RECIPE
Ribs are often a summer only grilled food, but making Ninja Foodi Ribs means that you can enjoy this meaty finger food all year long!
Ninja Foodi Ribs are cooked long enough to make them tender, but still ready in around 30 minutes. This BBQ ribs recipe is way faster than the traditional way. This is because we're using the Air Fryer function of the Ninja Foodi rather than pressure cooking.
You can use your favorite seasonings and your perferred BBQ sauce on these ribs in the Ninja Foodi. They will taste just like summer.
INGREDIENTS FOR RIBS IN NINJA FOODI
Just three ingredients are needed to make these delicious BBQ ribs in the Ninja Foodi!
Ribs: Get a rack of ribs that is about 3 ½ pounds. Cut it into thirds, so that you have pieces that fit comfortably into your Ninja Foodi basket.
Seasoning: I suggest using a Montreal Steak seasoning, it's delicious on all sorts of meats. But you can use any dry seasoning mix that you like. Just salt and pepper works fine too.
BBQ Sauce: Again, you can use whatever you really like! The BBQ sauce you choose really makes your Ninja Foodi Ribs tasty, so it should be a sauce that you enjoy.
If you have any questions about Ninja Foodi Ribs, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE RIBS IN NINJA FOODI
- Prepare your ribs by cutting them into pieces that fit into your Foodi air fryer basket, and preheat the air fryer to 375°F on the Bake/Roast setting for 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is pre-heating, rub down each slice of ribs with a third of your seasoning or dry rub, ensuring that the seasoning covers the whole surface.
- Place one slice of ribs in the air fryer, and cook as directed in the recipe card, using the Bake/Roast setting.
- Flip the ribs over, and continue cooking as directed on the Bake/Roast setting.
- Flip the ribs back over so that they are right side up. Using a spoon, lather the top of the ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes on the Air Fry setting to set the BBQ sauce. Allow the ribs to rest for at least five minutes before slicing and serving. Continue the process with the other two rib pieces.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for Ninja Foodi Ribs, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH NINJA FOODI RIBS
Ribs go well with all types of delicious side dishes!
All of your favorite BBQ sides and salads are welcome alongside these Ninja Foodi Ribs! Try Mac and Cheese, Macaroni Salad, or these amazing Air Fryer Hush Puppies.
Don't forget to serve extra BBQ sauce on the side for dipping.
WHAT KIND OF RIBS SHOULD I COOK IN THE NINJA FOODI?
I'm using pork spareribs in these images. You can also use baby back ribs or St. Louis style ribs. They will all cook the same. Just make sure that you're slicing them into manageable pieces before cooking.
I've not yet tested making beef ribs in the Ninja Foodi. When I do, you'll be the first to know!
WAIT, ARE YOU PRESSURE COOKING THE RIBS IN THE NINJA FOODI?
Nope! For this simple BBQ ribs recipe we're using the Bake/Roast function of the Ninja Foodi and then the Air Fry function of the Foodi at the end to get the outside nice and crispy.
These ribs will be most similar to a baked or grilled BBQ ribs recipe rather than a braised one. The meat should be tender, but a bit firm, with a crispy exterior.
HOW MANY RIBS CAN I AIR FRY AT A TIME IN THE NINJA FOODI?
You will need to do a few different rounds of cooking to finish an entire rack of ribs in the Ninja Foodi. I suggest cutting the rack into 3 pices and cooking them one at a time.
DO YOU COOK RIBS UP OR DOWN?
It doesn't really matter how you start your ribs, so long as you flip them over halfway through cooking so that you do both sides.
DO I NEED TO REMOVE THE MEMBRANE?
It's not necessary when cooking ribs using this Ninja Foodi air fryer method. However, it's super easy to do, and will make the ribs easier to eat.
MY NINJA FOODI RIBS SEEM DRY
Keep in mind that this method is different than a low and slow cooked Rib recipe. The meat on these Ninja Foodi Ribs will be tender, but firm, rather than soft. If your ribs seem too dry, try cooking them for slightly less time next time.
This recipe was made in a Ninja Foodi. The recipe should work in other air fryers.
Keep in mind that each air fryer runs differently, it is important to check your food often.
MORE DELICIOUSLY MEATY AIR FRYER RECIPES
Ninja Foodi Steak is quite possibly the best filet that I've ever made.
Or, use any other air fryer to make an Air Fryer Steak that is juicy and so, so simple.
For a fancy yet easy to make dinner, try making Air Fryer Lamb Chops.
Are you looking for a Pressure Cooker Ribs recipe? I found one for you!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @AirFryerEats on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors and Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Ninja Foodi Ribs
- Ninja Foodi
- 3 ½ lbs Pork Ribs cut into thirds
- ⅓ cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Montreal Seasoning or other dry rub
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi air fryer to 375 on the Bake/ Roast setting for five minutes.
- While your air fryer is preheating, rub down each slice of ribs with a third or your Montreal seasoning or dry rub, ensuring that the seasoning covers the entire slice of ribs.
- Place one slice of ribs in the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes at 375°F/ 190°C on the bake/ roast setting.
- Flip your ribs over and cook for an additional 15 minutes at 375 degrees on the bake/ roast setting.
- Once your ribs have finished cooking, flip them back over so they are facing right side up and leave them in the air fryer. Using a spoon, lather the top of the ribs with BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes at 400 degrees on the air fry setting.
- Allow your ribs to rest for 5 minutes to finish cooking. Repeat the above steps with the other rib pieces, cooking one at a time.
- Slice the Ribs apart before serving.
- It’s important to cut your ribs into thirds so the air fryer basket is not too full. If the basket is too full, the ribs will not cook all the way through in 30 minutes. Also, it is important to cook only one cut of ribs at a time. Do not try to stack ribs on top of each other.
- Make your own Montreal Seasoning rub by mixing together Garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- It is important to let the ribs rest for five minutes. Even though they may look done, those five minutes allow the ribs to finish cooking fully and will help give you that “fall of the bone” meat that you love.
- You can use any cut of ribs you would like for this recipe as long as you cut your rack into chunks that will fit in the air fryer basket.
- Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the "Air Fry" function.
- Pro Tip: Check your food as it cooks. Each air fryer runs a bit differently. Sometimes airfrying is a trial and error process. Check your food as it cooks to learn your air fryer better! When cooking a new recipe or food items be sure to check your food often to help avoid over/under cooking.
Air Fryers can vary greatly. Please take the time to learn your specific air fryer. You may need to adjust times and temperatures based upon your air fryer. All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Air Fryer Eats Membership! Our membership offers exclusive recipes, meal plans, ebooks, helpful learning videos and more – all completely ad free!